BF3 Rank / Fun level

PP Mguire

Build Guru
So, I have noticed myself getting in an intense battle of rank with about 2 of my friends on BF3. So far, I am winning as I have had more time to play since the kid is calmer. For you high ranking guys, does the game get "less fun" when you are basically an extremely high rank compared to the rest? I mean I am going pedal to the medal shooting noobs up with the DAO and getting MVP almost every single time. Should I chill out and keep that "rank up" excitement?

Just play when you wanna play. Don't play just because you think you have to rank up. You will be playing all the time pretty much forever.

Just because somebody is a high rank, doesn't mean they're good; it just means they play a lot ;). I've encountered that several times; i'll be playing against several high-ranked Colonel's (I'm only a Colonel 3), and I can still rock them.

Well, it's obviously more likely that they are good with the higher rank due to more play time, but yeah, I can beat colonels when I'm just a Master Sergent.

On a side note, does anyone else get tired of being a Sergent for the majority of your play time?

I find being in a squad with friends far more beneficial to my score and fun. If I have team members constantly referring enemy positions to me I can pick them off with my M98 much more effectively. I also die less with a squad covering me.

I find being in a squad with friends far more beneficial to my score and fun. If I have team members constantly referring enemy positions to me I can pick them off with my M98 much more effectively. I also die less with a squad covering me.
When we were talking about this game before that was what I was talking about. Playing with friends and actually working as a team makes this game incredibly fun.

Yes, I am tired of being a stupid sergeant.

I played a squad match a few hours ago. It was a 1.5hour game on Operation Firestorm. All 4 of our squad was in the top 5 (One guy above us) until near the end the game crashed on my friend, MrGroggle - so it was just us 3 after that. My two friends above me were playing support and assault, so they were bound to get higher scores. I was playing as a constantly on the move recon class, providing covering fire, then catching up with squad, more cover fire etc. I would always be 10 to 100meters behind them, but never in one place for more than a minute or so. So considering I was pretty deep in the action which isn't too easy with a sniper rifle I was pretty happy with my score. I improved my quick scoping a fair bit in that game.

Aqur2VOCAAMkzPb.jpg:large

I'm still just level 45... My buddies and I get together on the weekends... Together we can compete with MOST groups - I don't even try to compete with the teams with 10-20 clan members that are all level 50 colonels.

Just because somebody is a high rank, doesn't mean they're good; it just means they play a lot ;). I've encountered that several times; i'll be playing against several high-ranked Colonel's (I'm only a Colonel 3), and I can still rock them.

I'm still just level 45... My buddies and I get together on the weekends... Together we can compete with MOST groups - I don't even try to compete with the teams with 10-20 clan members that are all level 50 colonels.

Rank has very little to do with skill. I am a middle of the road gamer but am a colonel 2.

I play the game to have a good time. I am currently gaming with a clan I hope to join. They are all older (my age or so) and most are actual vets. So far it has been a blast but i don't play every day.

Back
Top Bottom