BF3 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: BF3 Unofficial Tech-Forums Clan

Finally got it downloaded and tried to join- wont work with my old machine ( dual Athlon 3.2 ghz) with a 8600gts - it said I had to update driver- lol there is no update. I did not think it would work - but it did with BF2- so worth a try. NOW ready to try with the new PC.

I keep getting "Download Directory not found. Please verify the Origin download files setting and restart your download."

Any know WTF that means?

Okay, it works with old drivers.. I am running 275.xx and it says I need 285 but it runs just fine. Origin and Battle Log are stupid.

Second, you may ant to go into setting and see if the download file is correct.

Finally was able to add someone but I had to jump through stupid hoops in settings section.

SLI 260's the game runs great on high settings and a single gts250 the game runs great on medium settings.

Now if I could just get all my ram to show up and get my overclock to stay I would be in business! Battle log server list blows still.

Second, you may ant to go into setting and see if the download file is correct.

Such as?

The default save location is "C:/ProgramData/Origin/Download/Cache/", but I'm not about to waste my SSD for download space. I changed the location to "E:/Downloads/Cache/" but I am guessing that's not good enough.

The "C:" one I posted.

From what dude from EA posted on the EA's Origin forum you can use different destination drives. He asked me to email them my Origin logs so they can try to see what's going on with it.

Does anyone else think the web interface makes the game feel like a hack job? I feel like it should be 3/4 of the regular price since they only finished 3/4 of the development.

Overall I am not impressed so far. I'm going to give it one more shot later tonight but based on my first impression I won't be buying it.

Any luck Trotter? The new machine= Phenom with Crossfired 5770's worked fine - almost painless. The server menu is so laggy you cant tell which servers are full ,closed,etc. until to try to get on one. The game itself is also slightly laggy for me. Plus how do you find the keyboard /mouse defaults? I am so used to my programmed BF2 settings I keep hitting the wrong mouse button or key = instant death !!! Looks like it will be great ones the bugs are gone.

I am still out in the cold. EA doesn't seem to be in any hurry to check my logs and I still can't download.

Could anyone PM me a screenshot of few of how/where their files are downloaded? I shot of the folder hierarchy would be great.

View attachment 4891

There is my save folders..

We should just make this the official BF3 thread or beta thread.

Here are some screenshots :)

11.jpg

10.jpg

7.jpg

6.jpg

5.jpg

3.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

Glitches:
9.jpg

8.jpg