BF3 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I gave Caspian a few tries but came away extremely disappointed. The lag was horrible on every server I tried.

Metro isn't too bad but it feels like BC2 instead of Battlefield.

I know that the beta code is/was actually very early beta code and that the finished product will be much more polished. I just hope the finished product is much improved beyond what we have got to try thus far.

I actually had the opposite impression after playing Caspian. Metro felt like a bad COD clone but this felt more like the other battlefield games. i also had no problem running it with all high settings at 1080p which was encouraging as I don't want to spend $150 on a second gpu for this game.

I will probably buy it after all if they fix some of the annoying quirks.

Oh, I preordered it a while back, but have been pretty disappointed with the beta overall.

If my rig has a problem running it I will see about wrangling a new GPU for myself at Christmas. ;)

No problems running on a 465 here for either map. Only lag I experienced was net lag due to ping on Caspian. Lets not forget that the beta was supposed to be dumbed down so we all might be looking at new GPUs in the near future.

Might be looking but my RMA 470 should be here tomorrow, other than the locking up regularly my 285 was doing ok running it, But nothing compared to how it looks on my brothers 570. Can't wait to see what the 470 does, almost time for the real game to comeout. Was just having some fun on Caspian, I seem to do so much better on this map, Just finished a game in the top 3 hehe such fun killing.

Dauntae

I feel like I don't come across people often enough on caspian. Feels kinda slow. I mean, I see the tanks. But that is useless. All I can do is hide from them. I don't want to have to play engineer on every large map. That's just annoying. That's why I only played inf maps on 2142 haha.

However, I don't like the subway part of metro; it has too many bottlenecks. I'll still take caspian over that.

The problem doesn't feel like graphics as I was getting lag and rubber-banding. I could always drop the quality if need be.

What little of Caspian that I was able to play wasn't too bad as far as how the map worked. It felt a bit like the BC2 map Heavy Metal, but with hills, trees, and aircraft. It sort of reminded me of that Gulf map on BF2 as well.

The problem doesn't feel like graphics as I was getting lag and rubber-banding. I could always drop the quality if need be.

What little of Caspian that I was able to play wasn't too bad as far as how the map worked. It felt a bit like the BC2 map Heavy Metal, but with hills, trees, and aircraft. It sort of reminded me of that Gulf map on BF2 as well.
That was my problem as well. Thought it might have been over loaded servers or my internet being ****.

What do you have it clocked? And most definitely your cpu is holding you back. I have a 465 and I don't lag Caspian.
its at the stock 3ghz. I have a motherboard/cpu issue where I cannot get the real CPU temp, its always stuck above 40c, no matter what. Even when I used to water cool. I even RMAd the cpu and am on my second one. thinking of just getting an i5 2500k, Z68, and 8gb ram and throw my gtx 470 in there. Should be a rig good enough to run this game. yeah?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom