BF2142 to ship with spyware

Status
Not open for further replies.
personally I don't care about the ads, I played the demo it was rubbish that's what made me think "i'm not wasting my money on a mod"

lets face it people will buy it because their fools its why crap games get to number one people don't play demos, read reviews or listen to others. They see pictures and buy it.

the spyware is only an issue as I see it because you pay money upfront for them to continue profiting from ads. They normally make money from expansion packs so having ads as well just shows it`s all about the money. Not to mention the context of ads in a game set in the future.

oh well crap game, ruined reputation and word of mouth will hopefully make people stop buying half baked games and hurt EA enough to make them change their ways.

n30phYte said:
i still cant figure out why people have to type in ebonics. :p

m-m-m-MONSTERKILL :D

I see no reason why there need to be ads in a game. I hate seeing these stupid pop-up ads in Steam, makes me want to NOT buy their games now. Not to mention BF2 and F.E.A.R... I don't even play those games anymore because I get freaking ads up in my face every time I try to play. It's annoying. I don't ever buy what they want me to buy.

Buuut... Pop-up ads are one thing, actually having 3D rendered ads in game? A billboard? Are you freaking kidding me? What's next, between each map in game you have to want a cinematic of the Mr. Clean man and his magic erasers? (A good product, yes, but does it warrent an in-game advertisement? No.)

I don't want to see ads. I already paid for the game, why should I have to look at ads? I pay for HBO and I don't get ads. I pay for my cellphone and I don't get telemarketers, so why do I get them when I pay for my house phone? I freaking hate advertisement. No one wants to see that crap. NO ONE.

So, EA, you can take your BF2142 spyware and your stupid in-game advertisements and kindly shove them up your freaking balloon knot, while all the real people go and play ET:QW which will NOT use DirectX, will NOT have ads and WILL be released for ALL operating systems and be a LOT better of a game.

/rant

Trotter said:
Ditto. Oh, the game companies claim that they are doing it to help keep the price of the games down, but that just doesn't smell right.

And you believe that sh*t ?
Game Companies only care about how much money they can make
an example of this is BF franchise sad but true..

If they "care" about consumers they should ATLEAST make two versions of the game instead of just one.

The original version without in-game ads with a retail price of $49.99
and the game version with in-game ads with a retail price of $35.99 or less.
That way atleast they give consumers choices and either way they could buy the game.
Sadly I will not buy the game because of the in-game ads (you see my point now :confused: ?! ) if only they release two versions, things could have been different not only for me but for more people too ;)

Phanto said:
And you believe that sh*t ?
Game Companies only care about how much money they can make
an example of this is BF franchise sad but true..

SOME companies anyway. ID Software and Epic care more about making good games, and less about making money. Same with 3DRealms...

Well I just read over the possitions, I qualify for 1 of them, kind of. So that's out of the question, although it would be really fun to work for them. :(

I should take some classes and work for a company like this. :p

The general is right,as much fanboy he may be....Id and epic and some others have proven they theyre closer to the gamers than EA...I remember MOHAA for example,another good game ruined by the no-support by EA.EA just dont care about people,so much its almost scary...Strangely,activision is.The guys at Half-Life are.COD series are flawless to me,ET is,UT is....And to stay on topic,ads are bad btw,and the end of the bf glory concept of infantry and vehicles in huge maps is soon,with Quake wars,ow'course :D.

Here's another interesting tid-bit...
Even after BF2142 patch 1.01 it seems a problem still exists for some players who are experiencing CTD's. EA claims to have located the issue and blames it on a recent windows security update. What does EA suggest? lol - uninstalling a critical security update. lol wow!

Here's the article.
http://pcgames.gwn.com/news/story.php/id/10572/

Slightly Off-Topic, but this topic is dead anyway....

GENERAL, any word on UNREAL2007? Release date? I"m getting ansty.

The General said:
SOME companies anyway. ID Software and Epic care more about making good games, and less about making money. Same with 3DRealms...

I agree with that same thing with Blizzard too.

HAVOC2k5 said:
Here's another interesting tid-bit...
Even after BF2142 patch 1.01 it seems a problem still exists for some players who are experiencing CTD's. EA claims to have located the issue and blames it on a recent windows security update. What does EA suggest? lol - uninstalling a critical security update. lol wow!

Here's the article.
http://pcgames.gwn.com/news/story.php/id/10572/

Yes, I read that today at BF2142 Fever

What EA is thinking anyway?!? I'm not the kind of person to wish bad to others but I hope that something not so good happend with that franchise so they can learn a lesson or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom