BF2: Suicide Bombing

Status
Not open for further replies.

HAVOC

Fully Optimized
Lately, it seems like players are putting suicide bombing in the same category as Bunny Hopping, Stat Padding and even TKing.
Servers have no car bombing or suicide bombing rules. I was actually kicked last night because I booby trapped a friendly truck and drove it to the ememy UAV and blew it up. The enemy commander was the server admin and warned me not to do it again. "No Car bombing". So... I loaded up a truck again with C4 and headed right back to the commander assets and blew it up again. (Just to make a point.)

Now seriously. What is the big deal with care bombing or suicide bombing? It's not like it's not a really tactic? May-be not for most countries military... but it happens all over the world. If I want to commit suicide, isn't that my right in a videogame? I'm not TKin' anyone else...

A kid got so mad at me one night because I drove a dune buggy right up next to his tank and jumped out, ran, dove to the ground and blew him up and lived... This is the same kid that was like 50-5 because he spent the whole game in armor, camping spawns.

There was another group of guys that got mad because I drove a humvee to their helicopter pad (transport) and blew it up... all 6 of them. Calling me a noob and blah, blah, blah... These are the same guys that hoover over a spawn and shoot down with the mini guns taking out ever player that spawns...

Anyway.. bit of a rant...
What's everyones take on this issue?

lol suicide bombing is my favorite move. no way im gonna stop doing that. i mean..its just a game and we paid for it. so as long as we arent cheating, anything is ok to me. even bunny hopping. i think spawn camping w tank is way worse than suicide bombing. anyway, ppl just dont wanna die thats all i guess. just dont play in that server. i have 219 suicide in a month and half play. and my combat score is higher than global score...which means i gotta watch out for not blowing my teammate up along w me. :)

You have to consider:

1. How much is it a part of the game, verses just an exploit of possibilities that wasn't intended?

2. How much does it affect the fair-play of the game? (IOW - does it promote an enjoyable gaming experience for all.)

3. How much does the activity reflect the reality that the game is trying to reflect?

That is what you need to consider when discussing the validity of suicide-bombing in BF2.

ShoobieRat said:
You have to consider:

1. How much is it a part of the game, verses just an exploit of possibilities that wasn't intended?
Answer: It's a tactic that can be used to destroy an enemy vehicle or position. It's a small part of the game and not an exploit in anyway. It's used in real life.

2. How much does it affect the fair-play of the game? (IOW - does it promote an enjoyable gaming experience for all.)
Answer: It's just as fair as someone sitting in a tank all day, killing infantry with one blast of it's cannon. Or a commander seeing the enemies position and dropping arty on helpless infantry.

3. How much does the activity reflect the reality that the game is trying to reflect? Answer: Suicide bombing or car bombing is a real life war tactic. There are many uses for car bombs. Not only to terrorists use them, but special forces use car bombs also. Suicide bombing is not used by military special forces, but obviously it's use other place in real world. So it adds a real world feature to the game.

That is what you need to consider when discussing the validity of suicide-bombing in BF2.

So i consider both vaild forms of gameplay that mimic real life warfare.

HAVOC2k5 said:
So i consider both vaild forms of gameplay that mimic real life warfare.

exactly. everything HAVOC2K5 said is right. but i wanna add little to that.

A: everything u can do is the part of the game. cmon, they tested this game for months before the release. im sure car bombing / suicide bombing is almost meant to be the part of game play.

A: as long as u are not cheating, its all fair games. and it DOES make an enjoyable gaming experience to me. (love c4 :))

3. How much does the activity reflect the reality that the game is trying to reflect?
A: well, no suicide bombing / car bombing will make it unrealistic. it needs to be there in order to have more realistic gaming experience.

Honestly, who cares. Most gamers in general always complain when they lose. If they're not whiney little brats, they're shooting they're mouth off hoping it will some how magically make things better. You ever played Warcraft 3? That has to be full of some of the worst whiners I have ever seen. So I say if you can legally do it in the game, without exploiting some sort of bug (which you arn't) go right ahead and do it. At the very least you get a laugh out of those people yelling at you, because you're not supposed to be able to do that. (What do they know) I know I would laugh. In fact I think im going to play a little Battlefield 2 right now.

The tanks and APC's do get annoying in Strike at Karkand when the MEC - erm nvm they both have two APC's and a tank good point lol, but they spawn all the way back at the factory which sucks :( and well i cant say that the tanks and APC"s just camp at the hotel and shoot the infantry which i do :\ lol :D well nvm i shouldnt even be takling lol :) but BF2 is very buggy still and im not sure if they are ever goign to fix it, but its still fun

i dunno a side note, but i hate how the defibrllator shock paddles doesnt reload while you dont have it out. so if i revive some one and quickly switch to another gun and shoot someone and i have to revive someone quick then i have to wait like 10 seconds for it to reload it sucks!! but it will be fixed in v1.2 :)

people get mad when they think they're good and you just have a good tactic that kills them. makes them feel like n00bs and they don't like it.. i hate it when people do that and call you a cheater just because you have better tactics or whatever

Lol, pzero, you really have no room to talk about the spawn killing. :p I remember quite a few times of you just sitting there in a tank blasting away people when they appear. ;)

Too bad there is no way that bf2 can recognize a totally accidental tk. I have never tked on puropose yet still i have over 100. :yikes:

BTW, i found out today i got banned from a server and never even knew that i did or what i did to do it. Just thought i tell you because i thiought it was quite funny.

ok fine, i camp with an APC at the hotel spawn point, on the far left side and shoot people who spawn at the place with the MG or the little arch way that you can see the flag all the way throug, i bet they got really mad at me LOL. kIlled the same people a few times, i guess they dont understand that they have to spawn at the square instead of the hotel :amazed:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom