BF2 refuses to play under 1680x1050...

Status
Not open for further replies.

b1gapl

Mod Emeritus
I tried setting the resolution to 1680x1050 in my documents, because the option wouldn't show 1680x1050 in the resolution drop down menu. The game starts but when I click my account, which is set to 1680x1050, the game just closes. How can I fix this?

Well first off the developers believe that widescreen resolutions give players an advantage so they don't have them in the menu. You can change this via editing a file but it doesn't look very well.

thats gay
we buy better wide screen monitors for advantage just like people buy better video cards to get some sort of advantage
but i dont see the advantage in a widescreen monitor

Well it gives you better field of view, you can see more than someone with a non widescreen monitor. I do agree that to say if you are going to say you aren't giving video settings because of unfair advantages, then everybody should be forced to run under the same FPS, same amount of sound (X-FI with 128 simultaneous vs 32 or 64 does give a decent advantage). Or people with 2GB RAM and Raptor hard drives, they should join the game at the same time everyone else does. Of course I would never want that, it's total bulls*** that they say that yet allow other things. What about the people with nice gaming mice and keyboards? Surround sound headphones/speakers.? All this stuff gives people an advantage, so why not widescreen, it's even worse because you have to force people with WS monitors in a video setting that looks poor.

im thinking of buyin a widescreen monitor to replace my dell CRT, what are widescreens like for playing BF2?

The most I can play at is 1440x900, but it looks great. You get a better point of view compared to CRT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom