BF2 questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
heh heh... my clan is know for making "medic runs" in Jalalabad. the whole squad is either medics or medics and one special forces and we haul tail over the ridge south of Outpost or along the inside of the lake north of Outpost. We capture Fountain, and then on to either Hotel or Mosque, and then back down through the city.

Another medic run is up beside the west wall above Market. A medic with full sprint can run along the wall to the high spot, jump over, and make it back inbounds before he croaks if he is carrying a medkit. Let the squad leader make that run, and then spawn right behind the Mosque. ;)

So, yeah, medics can be a bit crazy sometimes.

Ditto on the aircraft remarks. It is nigh impossible for anyone on the ground to take out a jet flown by a decent pilot, and a good pilot will never leave the sky in a whole round. Choppers can be taken out by AA if you learn the tricks of it, but you still have to be carefull to land your shots.

Supply crates are definitely a tank's best friend. Same goes for most other vehicles (APC's mobile AA). An engineer or two in a jeep can do wonders for tanks, too.

Don't be ragging on my PKM, now. Some actually hate the gun, though.

Sounds like your also an experienced BF2 player, my name was [UCI]Gabb before I quit, what was yours? ( I like seeing peoples BF2 tracker stats )

I hate the PKM because it accomplishes what it was never ment to serve as, as the universally most useful gun in the game. It can do long range sniping yet has the sustained close range fire power of what it is...a light machine gun. LMGs shouldn't be effective at all long range.

I play for fun, and had played for a while before I found out about stats and stuff. I play better now, but I still die a lot. :D I prefer being on the front line more often than not.

Unless I can get my current connection issue straightened out I won't be playing at all. My connection drops about 15 seconds after I get into a server. And I am about fed up with it.

People seem to complain about hitboxes in every single game except Quake and CS 1.6...( and then some even still complain about hitboxes in those )

Anyways i'll just add the input that BF2 is already 3+ years old so when you go to servers your much more likely to find well established verteran players who are very experienced in taking you down in the least amount of time. So yes well established games are less noob friendly, but if you keep at it, you'll be better in no time, just keep a few things in mind.

1. The medic class is literally overpowered since you can just go rambo and heal yourself, the only issue is eventually running out of ammo. Its also way too easy to revive people so a team thats all medics will usually always win a gun battle because of the constant reviving and such.

2. The PKM is the most ridiculously overpowered in the game, like that one poster said, just do burst fire and its the most dangerous "sniper" rifle in the game

3. The sniper unlock, I forget its name, the AWP, has the 50 cal sniper rifle ( without the bullet glass penetration ) and the accuracy of a m24, so yes its the best out of the "official" sniper rifles. Although before i left people were doing ridiculous stuff with the semi auto sniper rifles like the dragunov

4. Aircraft are overpowered in this game, especially if you get in a J-10 because no one can take you down and you can even dodge missles without the use of flares (requires steep drops). I used to go like 54-2 with the J-10 on servers that allowed carrier raping. Even the carrier gun battery would go down in 1.5 seconds from long range bullet fire.

5. If you have a tank and a commander that actually listens, you can do a lot of damage by hiding after a fight and repairing your tank or just parking it near a requested supply box, I used to get ridiculous kill death ratios using this method.

Mmm... let me help you.

1. Agreed, I guess.

2. No, the G36E is definitely the most overpowered gun in the game, hands down.

3. The L96A1 has the same power and accuracy as the M24.

4. You can dodge missiles without flaring in all the jets (except the F35, that one just sucks). The most efficient at it are the J10, F18, and SU-30. However the SU-34 and MIG29 can also do it with a good pilot.

5. Yes, tanks are stupidly overpowered in this game. Get two of three of them together all as engineer and stay close and you're pretty much invincible.

And to answer the OP, the hitboxes on BF2 are absolutely terrible. In most cases, aiming behind them will actually kill them, whereas aiming directly on them or infront of them (like you should have to) just gives you dust or nothing.

Also keep in mind that headshots are 3x the base damage of the weapon. So most guns are 1-shot kill to the head, like the AK47, G3, every sniper, PKM, G36C/E, etc.

Mmm... let me help you.

1. Agreed, I guess.

2. No, the G36E is definitely the most overpowered gun in the game, hands down.

3. The L96A1 has the same power and accuracy as the M24.

4. You can dodge missiles without flaring in all the jets (except the F35, that one just sucks). The most efficient at it are the J10, F18, and SU-30. However the SU-34 and MIG29 can also do it with a good pilot.

5. Yes, tanks are stupidly overpowered in this game. Get two of three of them together all as engineer and stay close and you're pretty much invincible.

And to answer the OP, the hitboxes on BF2 are absolutely terrible. In most cases, aiming behind them will actually kill them, whereas aiming directly on them or infront of them (like you should have to) just gives you dust or nothing.

Also keep in mind that headshots are 3x the base damage of the weapon. So most guns are 1-shot kill to the head, like the AK47, G3, every sniper, PKM, G36C/E, etc.

Concerning your arguments:
2. The G36E is overpowered, but not near as overpowered as the PKM, just play in any league matches and you'll see why half the team goes support and it aint for the ammo or nade spam ( partly it is :p ) It has one of the fastest DPS ever although 3 round burst from the G36 can take anyone out, this is harder to do from medium range when their prone.

3. Look at the raw game data at bf2 wiki, L96A1 does the damage of the 50 cal (m95) its not identical to the m24

4. Much harder to do with the other jets and its not really consistent you need to be farther away while the J-10 is an anti magnet for locked on missles

5. The best weapon against tanks is C-4 suicide jeeps that sneak behind them usually, or the lame artillery strike that somehow always seems to get me.

2. Well I didn't play much league in BF2, only really ever pubbed. Seemed that every noob was running around with G36E's and killing with one shot because you can snipe with it. I found the G36E much easier to snipe with than the PKM, though I never really used support so maybe I just sucked at it.

3. The L96A1 has identical stats as the M24, the M95 damage is much higher. See here:
BF2S Wiki weapons:unlocks:l96a1, BF2S.com
BF2S Wiki weapons:sniper-rifles:m24, BF2S.com

4. Actually the J-10 fails at close range. That's how I pwn them with F35's, sneak up behind them in bomb mode until the nose of my plane is getting scorched, then switch to missiles and unload as fast as I can. Works every time. I think the F18 does a much better job at dodging missiles, and it's a better plane overall.

5. C4 jeeps don't really work against good tank squads, and you'll only kill one of them unless you get lucky.

And yeah, I have those same freak accident arty strike deaths.... I've been arty'ed from like 800m in a jet...WTF?

2. Well I didn't play much league in BF2, only really ever pubbed. Seemed that every noob was running around with G36E's and killing with one shot because you can snipe with it. I found the G36E much easier to snipe with than the PKM, though I never really used support so maybe I just sucked at it.

3. The L96A1 has identical stats as the M24, the M95 damage is much higher. See here:
BF2S Wiki weapons:unlocks:l96a1, BF2S.com
BF2S Wiki weapons:sniper-rifles:m24, BF2S.com

4. Actually the J-10 fails at close range. That's how I pwn them with F35's, sneak up behind them in bomb mode until the nose of my plane is getting scorched, then switch to missiles and unload as fast as I can. Works every time. I think the F18 does a much better job at dodging missiles, and it's a better plane overall.

5. C4 jeeps don't really work against good tank squads, and you'll only kill one of them unless you get lucky.

And yeah, I have those same freak accident arty strike deaths.... I've been arty'ed from like 800m in a jet...WTF?

Come on man I have 550+ hours in BF2 and you still doubt me?

3. You wrong again, go read the footnote under the m95, it says ( 95 damage against human targets ), 190 is for vehicles, if it was 190 for humans it would be a one shot kill which it isn't. BF2S Wiki weapons:unlocks:m95, BF2S.com

4. The J-10 fails at close range? You couldn't touch me in a F35 if I gave you unlimited missles and countless of hours of trying. If your disputing the dominance of the J-10 when then clearly you are going against virtually the entire BF2 community ( they all agree the J-10 is overpowered and wanted the nerf they never got ). They had a dog fighting tournament back in the day and actually had to ban the J-10 from the tournie ( the maps were custom so they could put whatever jets they wanted ). F-18 is the 2nd best, but doesn't come close to the J-10s ridiculous dominance. Only noobs don't look behind them in a J-10 which allows an F-35 to get close and kill them with machine guns. Let me guess you use a mouse and keyboard to fly the jets right? ( Pro level requires joystick for aircraft )

5. I'm not talking about C4 jeeps I'm talking about C4 buggies, they move so fast and the games netcoding isn't very good at registering shots from fast moving vehicles.

Please give me your BF2 name...I'm curious on reading up on your stats. I don't mean to sound like an elitist, but if you only played played in pubs in a game then your really missing out on seeing the game at a professional level, and only at this level do you truly understand the games flaws, imbalances, and best tactics.

man...reading this thread makes me want to go back to playing this again. There are a lot of frustrating things about the game, but overall it is really fun to play...especially when you get on a good team. Has anyone here tried the BF2Combat site? I signed up but never had the time to even do basic training...lol.

man...reading this thread makes me want to go back to playing this again. There are a lot of frustrating things about the game, but overall it is really fun to play...especially when you get on a good team. Has anyone here tried the BF2Combat site? I signed up but never had the time to even do basic training...lol.

the BF2 days were great ones and I really do miss them...its their lack of widescreen support and problems with a logitech mouse/keyboard driver software that really make me not want to return...that and 500+ hours of it :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom