BF2 questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

snypercore

Daemon Poster
ok i have had BF2 for ages now and never really played it at all untill this week and have just realised what ive been missing. Im pretty new then and have a few questions to ask which understandably most people seem to busy in game to answer.

what is stats padding?

how do you say well done to your squad? ive seen it done.

i earned a few medals but its not showing up on bf2s.com or in BFHQ and i am aware it can take a while and are updated once a day but its been over a day.

why are commanders not allowed in viechles? i know they should be idle and stay at base and do the job but curious why the big taboo with viechles?

when you reach a new rank, can you choose the unlock you get? if so how? or are they in a set order?

does anyone else think that when you are hit by a sniper bullet you shouldnt be able to see the red marker showing which direction it came from? at dfirst i thought well if your a good sniper a youd kill in 1 headshot thuss eliminating this, but the EMC teams default sniper sucks for single shot kills so its kinda harder.

Thanks

what is stats padding?

That would be like having a teammate stand next to a burning vehicle so that he dies, and you revive him, over and over and over. This works the same for one reloading their gun continuously so you can give them ammo, damaging a vehicle just to repair it, etc.

i earned a few medals but its not showing up on bf2s.com or in BFHQ and i am aware it can take a while and are updated once a day but its been over a day.
Weekends swamp EA's stats servers and can take a bit for things to come through. Sometimes awards never come through, though, which can really suck.

why are commanders not allowed in viechles? i know they should be idle and stay at base and do the job but curious why the big taboo with viechles?

That's a rule on some servers, but not the game itself. You can't command and drive/fly, so that is the basis for the rule.

when you reach a new rank, can you choose the unlock you get? if so how? or are they in a set order?

Usually, but sometimes it only lets you have access to some of them. I dunno why. If you have Special Forces, you get two unlocks per rank.

does anyone else think that when you are hit by a sniper bullet you shouldnt be able to see the red marker showing which direction it came from? at dfirst i thought well if your a good sniper a youd kill in 1 headshot thuss eliminating this, but the EMC teams default sniper sucks for single shot kills so its kinda harder.

Definitely, If I were hit by a real bullet I would know which side of me was hit. And, yes, the SVD sorta sucks, but it is an automatic weapon so you can fire very quickly.

Here's a link to a BF2 wiki. Hopefully it will give you more answers than I did.
UBAR The Unofficial Battlefield 2 Awards and Ranks Guide, BF2S.com
BF2S Forums / Techniques, Strategies, and Guides

thanks, ill be pretty ****ed if my awards dont come through because that would be about 8-10 medals and ribbons.

also to trotter i see you use a diamond back razor, is there a real noticeable difference between one and say your average wireless optical mouse? or is it for the "must have the best" type o guy? honestly?

Honestly? Huge difference. I'm still running a socket 939, so I'm not a "have=to-have" type.

The adjustable sensitivity is great, the feel of it is awesome, and I love the length of the buttons (twitch you finger to fire). Plus, it looks way cool. ;)

hmm i think im gonna get a razor then, my mouse at the moment is almost identical in shape and i love it as i have really big hands :p . And yeah nice upgrades lucky, though its the same GFX as me im still running a 3800+ @ 2.7GHz :-(

oh and i have been screwed over bad with my stats :(, one of the first medals of that day i got was the basic aviator and i jsut got it again today so it must have lost all of that progress =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom