BF2 Problems, still

Status
Not open for further replies.

plant

In Runtime
Hey, tried a load of things to sort out the lag/frame skip business in BF2, and noticed a few things in doing so. For those of you who didnt see my last thread, im running a 7900 gt, 3.2 pentium d, etc etc, you get the idea. This system should be running bf2 fine on full settings. Few things that i noticed;

CPU always running stupidly hot, like 80 degrees. No idea why, recently changed heatsink/fan.

On startup, i see PC2 4300 single channel mode. I use http://www.microdirect.co.uk/ProductInfo.aspx?ProductID=11668&GroupID=1113
that ram, so shouldnt it be saying PC5400? Could be the problem slowing the system down??

Any help much appreciated!

that is weird. try getting some more fans and if you have to upgrade to liquid cooling. other then that i cant help.

all taken care of now, thank fook.

Lag gone with another gig of ram, and the settings adjusted. Ram was running much slower than it should have been.

CPU fan was going at around 400 rpm when plugged into the correct cpu fan socket. Stuck it in a chassis fan slot instead and now its going nicely.

Lesson learned, dont expect your pc to figure out optimal settings by default, tweak em!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom