BF2 players, question about Ranked servers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Something Sexy

In Runtime
Alright I played on a few ranked servers that aren't EA offical, and sometimes after a round or game when I disconnect it doesn't update my stats, has this happened to anyone else? Do I have to leave the game once all the round are over to go my points? Or can I just disconnect after the round to received me points? Or are non EA offical rank servers just slow and take a while to update?

Well there has been bugs with the ranking but it should be fixed now my works fine but at the release of the game it didnt so its just a bug that they have fixed in the patch.

Non-official servers DO NOT keep your stats. If you are into stats, you have to play on an official EA server. Even then, the stats sometimes take a few hours to update.

Heyyo,

Yeah, updates aren't instantaneous, remember, there's probably over 300,000 people, so I bet how it updates ranks is by server-to-server. It'll pull off ranks from let's say an official EA server, then move onto the next, and the next.. of course the information's not too big, maybe 15KB per user account at the most.. but if ya think about it... 300,000 users x 15KB.. = 450,000KB of information. This will take time to process and download. I bet they limit the downloading of the ranked stats on servers to 10KB/s so that the server's don't lag out cause of excessive bandwith usage.. so... 450,000KB // 10KB/s = 450000 seconds = 7500 Minutes = 125 hours. Definately not instantaneous eh? :p

But remember, that's just a rough estimate, download speed could be faster, and they're could be more/less users, and probably the info ain't 15KB big..

Yea, you guys are right it does take a little time cause I logged back in a couple hours later and they showed up. How many points does it take to get to private first class? It seems like it takes forever, I dun get to play that much but I am only at like 340 points or something.

There are twelve known ranks:

1. Private -- 0 Points (Starting rank)
2. Private First Class -- 500 Points
3. Lance Corporal -- 1000 Points
4. Corporal -- 10,500 Points
5. Sergeant -- 25,000 Points
6. Staff Sergeant -- 50,000 Points
7. Gunnery Sergeant -- 75,000 Points
8. Master Sergeant and 9. First Sergeant -- 150,000 Points*
10. Master Gunnery Sergeant and 11. Sergeant Major -- 250,000 Points*
12. Sergeant Major of the Corps -- 2,500,000 Points

You get to unlock your first weapon after you reach Lance Corporal. I just hit a thousand points, but my stats havent updated from yesterday. I dont get the chance to play too much either.
LOL @ Sergeant Major of the Corps and needing over 2.5 million points, who the hell is ever going to get that many points?!?

I had to restart the game for my stats to show. Also, jeffrock...is there a website or something that you got that info from? And...is there somewhere that tells you what you need to get certain awards? thnx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom