BF2 patch 1.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

PZEROFGH

Golden Master
Battlefield 2 v1.3

Hi Everyone,

Patch 1.3 has now been released and is available for immediate download. The release of this patch is in line with our ongoing effort to make the game as enjoyable as possible, releasing quicker fixes addressing some of the things that you want to see changed.

New Features:

* Co-op: Players can now enjoy single player levels on Internet and LAN play with both Bots and human players. We have added a few options to allow the server admin to modify how the bots behave in game. Co-op play is not permitted on ranked servers.
* Air Dropped Vehicles: Squad members can no send a request to commanders to drop vehicles at their location.

Bug Fixes & Gameplay Tweaks:

* Ban list will no longer be wiped in the event of a server crash.
* Abandoned helicopters will no longer remain in flight.
* If a player joins a squad while dead they will not be permitted to use the squad leader as a spawn point until they have spawned at a flag once.
* Flag Capture bar will now react accurately to players entering the capture radius.
* Friendly vehicles will no longer appear as valid targets for missile systems. The box with the X through it will still appear however the locked tone will not sound and missiles fired will not track the friendly target.
* Fixed the crash that sometimes occurred when switching between game types.
* Fixed a tech hang when creating a single player account from an offline account.
* Fixed Issues with remote console and Linux servers.
* Fixed the issue that prevented players from ranking up in-game when playing on their regular server.
* Fixed the bug that altered mini map behavior.
* Fixed issue with Special Forces rank names.
* Fixed repairing HUD for the engineer when in a vehicle.

http://www.ea.com/official/battlefield/battlefield2/us/editorial.jsp?src=bf2_1_3

I knew you'd beat me to the punch on posting this...

I'll DL when I get home... THEBLEAKNESS and I are going to try CO-OP mode tonight. Check that out...

I really like no more flying helicopters when they are abandoned... I guess they will just crash instead on climbing through the roof.

Im dowloading it right now. Im about 30% done. :)

I also like that helicopter deal, ive spent so much time sitting around waiting for them to crash. :(

Hopefully the missle deal will also be fixed correctly. So many of my tks are beause of that reason. I was kicked already today for just that reason....

Oh great, another **** patch that i have to get a crack for. LANs are going to be so annoying now due to this. I cant figure out what i hate more, Steam or patches.

worst patch ever!, the in game server list is messed up maybe because their updating I don't know but I get refused from connections now!

And hasn't sorted out so many problems the red tag problem is still their, and AT weapons going through vehicles.

Very disappointed...:(

I own BF2 and Speacial Forces But havnt installed them yet.

Can I install BF2, then install speacial forces, and then install the patch?

Or is the patch for Bf2 original only?

Wow, this patch needs a patch to fix it already. Its impossible to choose a server. When you click on a server in the menu, it changes and you get stuck in some random game. Its extremely annoying. :mad:

yep. everyone is up in arms about this patch... and no official word from EA or Dice yet.

The Server menu sucks... like Bleak said. The Vehicle drop is bogus, i've seen them actually explode when they land. WOW.

They Tweaked the AA kit. You now need two full rocket blasts to take out even a humvee. 3 for a tank or APC - co-op mode is garbage. The AI scipting is just like BF 1942 - they know exactly were you are.

They also changed a TON of award requirements... Some good, some bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom