BF2 Officially SUCKS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heyyo,

It's sad, some games are intel optimized. Look at Prince of Persia Warrior Within.. when ya boot it does the whole intel logo.. and I thought I saw the intel logo on the bf2 box, I'll check once I get home... first games became vidcard optimized, now cpu? damn, no one wants to beat the other by brute power these days... but I guess this does help get more cash to the game makers. I bet all these sponsorships from ati and nvidia n' such is really helping them know they're making lots of cash off these games.

Hey Beedub,
First off, I saw your sig, congrats of finally getting cable internet. I havent been on the forum lately, I remember you struggling with dialup or was it satellite.
Anyhow, I gotta disagree with you about BF2. This make is tha shiznit!
Here are some of my impressions of the game thus far, keep in mind I am a noob as well, never played BF1942, BFV or DC so its all new to me.
FYI I am running the game at 1280x1024 with all settings on high except one on medium (I think its either shadows or lighting.)
AA at 4x.
The only time I get my framerate dropping or lagging is when I am on a 64 person server in the middle of a big fire fight. Other than that, I dont really get much lag. THe EA servers def. do have more lag than non-ranked ones though. The patch did fix the shitty in-game browser, it actually works now for me. Before I would get a million servers with 0 ping, now they actually are reflective of the actual rate.
One big beef I have though is that the patch did not address the games biggest flaw: When you are autoswitched to the other team, sometimes you will show up as red to your teammates. I have def. tk'd a couple teammates cause they appeared red to me.
People seems to punish you a little too quick, imho. I mean, I have seen commanders get tons of tk punishment because they call in an artillery strike only to have some Rambos on the same team ignore the big red dots on the screen and run into a checkpoint when they should just wait it out.
Dont worry about the asshats talking smack to you. Even if you are good at the game (which I am not) you will still get some jackoffs who whine and moan about you taking "their" chopper, saying your a dumbass when they drive over your mines, etc.
This game is really awesome. When I first started playing, I did the lone wolf thing, and it was pretty boring. The first time I joined a squad, I realized what I had been missing out on. I love when I get together with a good squad who sticks together. Other times its like a bunch of green dots randomly spread throughout the entire map.
EA better get another patch quickly to take care of the spawning to the other team and showing as red to teammates problem quickly, its ridiculous.
About the memory leaks from the new patch, I thought it only affected the servers? Anyhow I still have the patch, I did not re install, and my game is working fine. Yesterday though there were some issues with people not being able to connect to the account server. I think it was due to some denial of service attack or something.
Regarding getting kicked from servers or problems with your connection, one word of advice. I dunno if this is true, but some people were getting similar things when they were playing on Linux servers. I set my filters in the browser to same version only, and rarely get connection problems. I dont know jack, so if this is wrong, please tell me.
C u guys on the battlefield. ;)

On another note, for those of you into this game, what medals, ribbons, awards do you guys have? FYI, the easiest ribbon to get is the parachute one, you just gotta go 500m up in the air and parachute and land safely. I havent gotten that one though as I enjoy spraying the enemy with the helicoptor cannons. Here are a list of my medals/badges, again keep in mind I suck at this game. ;)
Medals: Bronze medal a few times
Badges: Basic Helicoptor, Basic Resupply, Basic Armor
Ribbons: Meritorious Unit (as a medic)
There's a couple other ones, but I cant remember at the moment

Well BF2 tracker is being a bum so I can't give you a link to everything I have.

Medals: Gold-10+ Silver-10+ Bronze-10+

Badges: Basic- Medic, Support, Spec-ops, Assault, Engineer, Sniper, Ground Transport, Armor

Ribbons: One I can't remember.

Don't fly planes or helicopter using the mouse, use strictly the keyboard,,, W-A-S-D, UP-DOWN-LEFT-RIGHT,,, which is what I do and it works great, besides using a joystick for helicopter seems like it would be dificult to have absolute control being that you cant control the tail rotor, that is unless you have pedals.

Game runs fine on my computer =/ Although I dont consider it a 'high end' system, I suppose some might consider it somewhat close to that because of the overclocking to the CPU, RAM, and Vid card...but anyway, it plays more than fine on my computer...even the demo aside from not playing on my XP-M machine because of it crashing to desktop, on the AMD64 played just fine....I can do fine with the air craft with keyboard and mouse as well (which would seem more like a personal peeve with the game than it is an actual PROBLEM with the game so I don't see why you really listed that)

Never had an issue with ping, I've flown as the co-pilot in the helicopter with a few nice people, but there was one guy who jumped in that bomber that seats two on the terrorist side on the map that the demo had and he got all pissy and whiney because I crashed.

It doesn't matter what game you play....theres always going to be little bastards who do nothing but shit talk the whole damn time...just ignore it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom