BF2 isn't that great

Status
Not open for further replies.
penline said:
i thaught battlefield 2 was excellent!!!!
i realy dont understand why you dont like it

For those that missed the points I made above or the issues I have with BF2, let me reiterate...

1. No displayed player names in-game
2. Terrible map function - the map is hard to read and the three zoom setting vs. a scrollable mouse zoom is crap
3. The NVIDIA bennies for 6800+ users
4. The lack of adjustable weapons load-outs
5. The atrocious control scheme for vehicles (can anyone say oversteer?)
6. The system requirements
7. The account manager is terrible. Why do I need one single player account and 1 online account?
8. The red lines outlining the playable area. WTF is that all about? Try flying a jet in a small map and you'll see what I mean. Why restrict where the players can and can't go?
9. The Squad / Commander functions... A great idea, but I'm not even sure if a well oiled clan could really use that well. Seems best suited for a LAN party
10. The complete lack of tutorial missions
11. The headset function - if SOCOM for the PS2 could split voice commands and ambient sounds, why does a cutting edge PC game lose all speaker function when a headset is plugged in?

Nuff said.

dhw200 said:
Wanna mail me your copy of BF2?

LOL, no. I'm not saying that I'll never play the game or that it was a complete let-down... It's fun! But I just wanted to level the playing field. Everywhere I look people are hailing BF2 as the best game ever etc... Just wanted to add some perspective.

U said up there that there is an atrocious control scheme for vehicles. IF your talking about choppers, IMO, te battlefield controls are much better that JO: TR. You can pull off complex manuvers that a JO: TR pilot would weep at the sight of. The ground vehicles handle like you would think they would. If they dont, play around with the sensitivity of the mouse a bit. As for squad and leadership positions/roles, seems to work well to me. I entered a server, started a squad had 5 members a minute later, and they listened to my commands, and we completely wiped out all opposition wherever we went.

dhw200 said:
The ground vehicles handle like you would think they would. If they dont, play around with the sensitivity of the mouse a bit.

Ummm... Are we playing the same game? All the mouse does in a vehicle (ground vehicle) is make you look around.

Igetshockedalot said:
For those that missed the points I made above or the issues I have with BF2, let me reiterate...

1. No displayed player names in-game
2. Terrible map function - the map is hard to read and the three zoom setting vs. a scrollable mouse zoom is crap
3. The NVIDIA bennies for 6800+ users
4. The lack of adjustable weapons load-outs
5. The atrocious control scheme for vehicles (can anyone say oversteer?)
6. The system requirements
7. The account manager is terrible. Why do I need one single player account and 1 online account?
8. The red lines outlining the playable area. WTF is that all about? Try flying a jet in a small map and you'll see what I mean. Why restrict where the players can and can't go?
9. The Squad / Commander functions... A great idea, but I'm not even sure if a well oiled clan could really use that well. Seems best suited for a LAN party
10. The complete lack of tutorial missions
11. The headset function - if SOCOM for the PS2 could split voice commands and ambient sounds, why does a cutting edge PC game lose all speaker function when a headset is plugged in?

Nuff said.

Weve already been over this. IN ALL COMPUTER GAMES, PLUGGING A HEADSET IN TURNS OFF THE SPEAKERS.

PoisonPorkchop said:
Weve already been over this. IN ALL COMPUTER GAMES, PLUGGING A HEADSET IN TURNS OFF THE SPEAKERS.

My point was that if a sorry-assed PS2 could get around that problem then how come our sweet PC's can't do it? It's an "If we can put a man on the moon..." question.

BTW Poison... Congrats. You're 1 for 11 in responding to the issues I had with this game. Go buy a lottery ticket... YOU'RE ON FIRE!!!

Its not that they cant, its that they dont want to. It is something that people prefer, so if there playing at night, they plug their headset in, and then they wont wake people up.

PoisonPorkchop said:
Its not that they cant, its that they dont want to. It is something that people prefer, so if there playing at night, they plug their headset in, and then they wont wake people up.

You're kidding right... Who has a computer in the bedroom? Nice try...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom