Bf2 Doesnt Support Widescreen!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The General said:
Field of view is like a cone, it also effects the up and down part, widescreen just widens your view port. Widescreen does work with ET, but the HUD doesn't, and thats why I think they "don't support it" ... but yeah, most widescreen monitors are 16:10, most HDTV's are 16:9.

I have no idea what is wrong with your ET, I have never gotten that problem. I took two screenshots, one of standard ET played in 16:10 with 1680x1050 pixels, and apparently I've just gotten used to the stretched out HUD. That or I never even look at it but to chat. And I also took one set as how I play.

Standard 1680x1050:

How I play at 1680x1050 with /cg_fov 120:

Yours is stretched too, but less than the screenshot I posted, because:

856 / 480 = 1,78 (16:9)
1680 / 1050 = 1,60 (16:10)

ET doesn't properly support wide screen, it will always be streched in some way. Your config looks good though, I could play like that.

You should change the crossair color to light-green, works better than white (looks white in your screeny).

TheMajor said:
Yours is stretched too, but less than the screenshot I posted, because:

856 / 480 = 1,78 (16:9)
1680 / 1050 = 1,60 (16:10)

ET doesn't properly support wide screen, it will always be streched in some way. Your config looks good though, I could play like that.

You should change the crossair color to light-green, works better than white (looks white in your screeny).

Nah, the HUD is stretched but the 3D isnt ... Okay haha to make sure I will look at the ground in Battery inside and measure one of the tiles one way, turn 90 degrees and measure it that way.

Thats a good idea, I will definitely try it out as green. :)

I cant stand the default crosshair, its just so big!

The General said:
Nah, the HUD is stretched but the 3D isnt ... Okay haha to make sure I will look at the ground in Battery inside and measure one of the tiles one way, turn 90 degrees and measure it that way.

Thats a good idea, I will definitely try it out as green. :)

I cant stand the default crosshair, its just so big!

I'm pretty sure it is stretched. You can also select the default crossair, set it to "huge" and see if it is a perfect circle. (you need something for reference).

Do you use tiny or medium crossair? I guess medium, cause I use medium at 800 x 600. Tiny is too small at 800 x 600, so it would be even smaller at your resolution unless your monitor is extremely big.

I really need a faster machine, cause ET doesn't run perfectly smooth. I don't care that much about resolution and detail, bt smoothness is a big factor if you want to own people.

No you're not getting what I'm saying. The 2D is stretched, the 3D isn't. 2D is the HUD, if you do /cg_draw2d "0" then you'll see what part is 2D. The crosshair is stretched because it is 2D. Everything else, polygons and what-not aren't stretched.

The crosshair's size is independent from the resolution. If you put it on the dot and set to tiny and it will be smaller than 1 pixel, you'll see like the black area around it, hard to explain, but yeah, at 1680x1050 on tiny, it is 4 pixels, 2x2 ... in that screenshot it looks exactly like it does when I'm playing. I also turn crosshair size pulse off. :)

omg.. im sorry but most of these fixes for these widescreen seem sorta confusing.

They should just support widescreen and not make us do all of this and then get a streched image.. no matter how you change the settings of the game it will always not look right.

:(

The General said:
No you're not getting what I'm saying. The 2D is stretched, the 3D isn't. 2D is the HUD, if you do /cg_draw2d "0" then you'll see what part is 2D. The crosshair is stretched because it is 2D. Everything else, polygons and what-not aren't stretched.

The crosshair's size is independent from the resolution. If you put it on the dot and set to tiny and it will be smaller than 1 pixel, you'll see like the black area around it, hard to explain, but yeah, at 1680x1050 on tiny, it is 4 pixels, 2x2 ... in that screenshot it looks exactly like it does when I'm playing. I also turn crosshair size pulse off. :)

Let's look at the aspect ratio's of the window (3D) and see if you are right.

800x600 (4:3) 90fov: http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/1295/800xe5gggzz7.png

172/71 = 2,4225352112676056338028169014085

856x480 (16:9) 90fov: http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/6023/856dh4yt5.png

184/75 = 2,4533333333333333333333333333333

Ok, the difference is not that big, but there is a small difference.

You are using 16:10, so you're probably even less stretched.

EDIT: Something I would like to add. As you can see in the screenshots, a player using 4:3 will have an advantage over any player using a higher aspect ratio (in this game).
Huge portions of both the top and the bottom half are gone in widescreen, and you don't get any extra information from the left and right sides of your screen.

see what i mean guys.. all this trouble just to get a game to work with your monitor. It should not be this way

Take a look at this

19in Screen:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824116014
Price- $196.99

19in Widescreen:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824009091
Price- $189.99

Now cmon... you have the choice.. wide or normal, they are the same price and they are equal in quality. If someone else has the "advantedge" of having a wider screen then its your fault, you shoulda have gotten a widescreen instead of the screen you have.

Obviously widescreen gives a much better thrill to a game and gives you more space on your desktop

So i expect widescreen to be the norm in the next few years.

I just hate that i now have to join, once again, another forum to fix my problems on the computer (what is this my 4th one ill go to regularly??)

Ive never liked ea.. they just dont care about computer gaming. They care more about the consoles, cause thats what most people use. For example.. every EA sports & racing game has had this bug where it wouldnt install correctly and you would have to run the "autorun.exe" file in "compatability for windows2000" mode.

Its not like it takes alot of work to enable such a thing as widescreen in a game. Prolly takes a couple minutes for the developers to add it in as an update.

Maybe someday EA will become more like VALVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom