Bf2 Doesnt Support Widescreen!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see what the problem is. We told you how to fix it. There is a fix for every game out there. I have Quake 2 running in 1680x1050. It's not that big of a deal.

@The General

i'm about to get a dell 20in widescreen digital flat panel. will i have to do anything in a .cfg file for it to work in ET? if so, what?

n30phYte said:
@The General

i'm about to get a dell 20in widescreen digital flat panel. will i have to do anything in a .cfg file for it to work in ET? if so, what?

I think you can select wide screen resolutions. Check the options menu. I knew one guy who played on a widescreen. I don't know what will happen to your FOV. You may have an unfair advantage over 4:3 players :p

i dont remember seeing 1680x1050 though. i've been without my pc at home for about 3 weeks though so it's kinda sketchy.

i was wondering how it would affect my FOV settings as well. i'll have to look all that up when it comes in.

Yeah man, it's no big deal, you need to run these commands in the console, or you can put them in your .cfg, personally, it's easier just to run these three commands, and the settings change, here goes:

/set r_customheight "1050"
/set r_customwidth "1680"
/set r_mode "-1"
/vid_restart

It doesn't effect your cg_fov setting, but it's like having better peripheral vision. If you want awesome peripheral vision, just /set cg_fov "120" and if you want to see some crazy dizzy stuff /set cg_fov "250" :p:p

cg_fov "90" is the default by the way. :)

n30phYte said:
i dont remember seeing 1680x1050 though. i've been without my pc at home for about 3 weeks though so it's kinda sketchy.

i was wondering how it would affect my FOV settings as well. i'll have to look all that up when it comes in.

I started ET to check the available resolutions. The only available wide screen resolution is 856x480. The FOV stays the same, so the image gets streched (that sucks :p).
Also not how part of the screen gets cut off at the top and the bottom. And have a look at the radar.
Check screenshots below (btw, this is not my config, so don't laugh at the screenshots :p)

Maybe General knows if you can set a resolution manually.

800x600:
http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/242/800xe5.png

856x480 wide-screen:
http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/5889/856dh4.png

The General said:
Yeah man, it's no big deal, you need to run these commands in the console, or you can put them in your .cfg, personally, it's easier just to run these three commands, and the settings change, here goes:

/set r_mode "-1"
/vid_restart

It doesn't effect your cg_fov setting, but it's like having better peripheral vision. If you want awesome peripheral vision, just /set cg_fov "120" and if you want to see some crazy dizzy stuff /set cg_fov "250" :p:p

cg_fov "90" is the default by the way. :)

I guess you have to adjust the FOV to get rid of the stretching at wide-screen resolutions, it does it not stretch at all if you use those .cfg changes?

r_mode sets the custom res, if you have stretching issues, you may need to /set r_customaspect "2" ... that will set it to 16:10. An easy way to tell if it's stretching is to look at the ground and spin around slowly, you'll see what I mean if it's stretching, try and find something square on the ground to see.

That's crazy how widescreen doesn't provide a wider view, but I crank my fov up anyway, so whatever. :p

The General said:

/set r_mode "-1"
/vid_restart

appreciate the help, bro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom