bf2 aol broadband problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

tibbinator

Baseband Member
hey there,
we've just got aol broadband at home (hurrah):D and i tried playing bf2 online (i've previously been playing at friends houses), but as i tried to retrieve my account, a game message appeared saying, 'Connection refused by server.' I'm a tad curious as to why this has appeared, so if anyone can help, it would be greatfully accepted, and if anyone can help me sort this problem out, would also be great. BTW, i'm a bit of a noob, so its probably something really crap and simple, but help me anyway.

Do you have any Firewall software installed/enabled? Try enabling full access to BF2 prior to playing.

i've allowed bf2 access to the net in all of the firewall/internet things but still aint working, boo hoo!

I believe aol broadband has its own firewall. You need to go in and ad the proper addresses to the exceptions list.

Also try to ping the server and see if you get a response.

think i've fixed it now! i just got my dad to log into aol, and it worked for him, thus proving that it was the aol parental controls blocking me from using any programs that wanted internet access. so all i need to do now is get him to remove my parental controls and i'll be sorted!
thanks for everyones help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom