BF:BC2 single player footage

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't been booted a single time yet, nor had any problems connecting. No PB problems, either. Yes, I am very happy about that as I went through both with BF2.

@Oreo, I would but I don't have the/an IP for any of the servers.

My main concern is my ping. 70+ to NYC seems high to me, as is 50+ to Atlanta (100-150 miles away). I don't remember having a ping that high when I was on DSL. Almost every different speed test I tried said I had a good connection but that it would cause problems with VOIP/online gaming. What's the use having speed if you can't game with it? Well, I use the speed anyway, but want to game, too.

By the way, I tried hooking up to the modem, but couldn't get it working. I haven't looked into the details for my current modem. I need to find out how to set it as a pass-through, though.

I haven't been booted a single time yet, nor had any problems connecting. No PB problems, either. Yes, I am very happy about that as I went through both with BF2.

@Oreo, I would but I don't have the/an IP for any of the servers.

My main concern is my ping. 70+ to NYC seems high to me, as is 50+ to Atlanta (100-150 miles away). I don't remember having a ping that high when I was on DSL. Almost every different speed test I tried said I had a good connection but that it would cause problems with VOIP/online gaming. What's the use having speed if you can't game with it? Well, I use the speed anyway, but want to game, too.

By the way, I tried hooking up to the modem, but couldn't get it working. I haven't looked into the details for my current modem. I need to find out how to set it as a pass-through, though.

Lots of game server providers provide test server IP's if you take a look on there websites.

Take a look on sites such as gameservers.com, i am sure you will find some.

And yeh, even my 3mb dsl connection has a ping much better than that relative to the distance to the server. I mean i am on the other side of the ocean, thousands of miles away, and this is the result i get to new york:

Have you tried pingtest.net ? It gives grades on your connection quality and shows packet loss. May reveal a few things.

Maybe NYC is just congested or something.

I played a bit tonight without any real problems. I jumped in with Synergy and Luke, so they have seen how well I die. :p

That was great to have you join in Trotter! That team was super hard. That was the best run for my money yet playing this game. I was trying to ask you if you had lag problems, but you weren't answering me :( lol

Chad: It shows everyones' K/D ratio on the score screen.

It's going to suck starting over but I'm 50/50 right now on selling my xbox copy and getting it for PC. I might have one friend online each night that squads up with me and winning or losing is a complete toss up because of all the idiots on Xbox live. There is so many people running around the map doing whatever they feel like instead of trying to keep the team balanced.

Do you find this a lot on PC? I would think PC players are a little more...hmmm what is the word I'm looking for....oh yeah "smarter" and actually try to balance the team to try and win.

I will go into a map and there will be 8 snipers and 7 assault and maybe one medic and some idiot giving the helicopter a bath in the ocean....

It's going to suck starting over but I'm 50/50 right now on selling my xbox copy and getting it for PC. I might have one friend online each night that squads up with me and winning or losing is a complete toss up because of all the idiots on Xbox live. There is so many people running around the map doing whatever they feel like instead of trying to keep the team balanced.

Do you find this a lot on PC? I would think PC players are a little more...hmmm what is the word I'm looking for....oh yeah "smarter" and actually try to balance the team to try and win.

I will go into a map and there will be 8 snipers and 7 assault and maybe one medic and some idiot giving the helicopter a bath in the ocean....

There are still alot of people that have clearly came straight from MW2 and do not understand some things:

You will die if you run around with a sniper
You have to capture points
Press Q for f' sake.
"If you cant fly don't try" people moaning throughout the game. Very unproductive, how is one supposed to ever fly if they can not even try ? give 'em a break.

But the majority of people play properly and don't moan, you get the occasional person but annoying people are not allowed on my server so they are just insta banned for 24hours :D And even when im not playing, i have Bad Company 2 Command Center open to monitor the server and talk to people and kick them etc.

synergy said:
I was trying to ask you if you had lag problems, but you weren't answering me
I never heard you. I haven't looked at how the VOIP is set up so that may be the problem with that. Or that server didn't have it turned on. I definitely had my posterior handed to me, though. One of the maps was an island and by the time you spawned in a couple of players from the other team were circling in a Blackhawk with mini-gun blazing. yeah, LOTS of fun with that one.

Oreo said:
You have to capture points
Or protect them. Seems most haven't grasped that concept yet. They run around trying to rack up kills instead of working together and accomplish the goals as a team. I have yet to see any of my clanmates online playing and I am getting tired of waiting on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom