The better racing games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CPonder14

In Runtime
What are some of the better racing games out for the pc?
I heard DiRT was fun, but the handling is crap. I was a HUGE fan of Need For Speed underground, but that was ages ago, looking for something with good graphics, and highly enjoyable, similar to Need For Speed.

Appreciate the help

I also heard TrackMania: United is a extremely fun , and addicting game, but its only on steam.

I also heard TrackMania: United is a extremely fun , and addicting game, but its only on steam.

trackmania united does not need steam to run
:)

i suggest trackmania united as well. it is a suite of all the past trackmania game enviroments.
it's not really similar to NFS, but it is 100% community based tracks - meaning any track you race has been made by someone who has the game.
literally tens of thousands of tracks have been created for all 7 enviroments.

and yes...very very addicting lol

DiRT is a top racing game.

Look out for Rage by id Software - kind of a racing game with FPS elements involved. Not so much a simulator as a fun action-packed driving game. Should be out in about 18 months or so.

stuntman looks like a laugh but isnt really racing although vehicles are involved, colin mcrae 04 and 05 are good and so is Gran tourismo but they are slightly older

The only reason you think DiRT sucks is because the handling is "realistic". So I am going to tell you that DiRT is a amazing racing game.. simply because it is. :)

The nfs series is fun for a arcade style racing series.

If you really want to get into racing simulators look into GTR2. Amazing handling compared to the real thing, I will tell you now that a double joystick type game pad will not work. either a joystick or steering wheel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom