Best Pci graphics card for San Andreas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
PCI doesn't get enough bandwidth to play GTA:SA at any resolution highter than 640x480 and lowset settings

i wonder what graphics cards laptops use, i've got a mobility radeon 9700, 128MB Unshared. i've played GTA:SA on my laptop on full settings except for resolution and everything was fine, no lag no nothing.

on my other PC i have a sapphire ATI card (its old) and i play CS:S with medium everything and the 102? by the other number (its formatted like ???? / ??? or something) and it plays fine, getting pings of like 60, 50. I've looked around for the GTA:SA minimum requirements:

1GHz Intel Pentium III or AMD Athlon Processor
256MB of RAM
8x DVD-ROM Drive
3.6 GB of free Hard Disk space for a minimal install
64MB Video Card with DirectX 9 compatible drivers ("GeForce3" or better)
DirectX 9 compatible Stereo Sound Card
Keyboard & Mouse

Its quite small, so you should be able to play it with a PCI card, why not? just don't crank everything up to the full.

Heyyo,

PCI aint' too bad. My old skool 3DFX voodoo 4 32mb PCi pwned. I could put on all these rediculous vidcard settings (hehe! over 30 options to tinker with! each can make a crazy difference too) and on max payne I only lost 10 F/S on max settings and it was playable! I went from 32F/S to about 15-18F/S. That's not too shabby. ;)

I say save your money man. Maybe come christmas ask for more.. see what you can get cause yeah, if you're using a pci vidcard and it can run hl2 n' stuff, it's bearable right? then later try n' move up the computer ladder. Just my suggestiong though, in the end it's up to you how you wanna handle this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom