Best PC Games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
FPS

Battlefield Bad Company 2
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
Borderlands (RPGFPS)
Bioshock 1 (I hear Bioshock 2 is good but I can't vouch for it)
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl
Half Life 2 (and the episodes)

I am also playing Dead Space which is a Third Person Shooter. It is pretty good and scary.

RPG

Mass Effect
Mass Effect 2
Dragon Age Origins
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Racing Games

Dirt
Dirt 2
Need For Speed: Shift
Need For Speed: Most Wanted
Need For Speed: Carbon
Burnout Paradise
A very good list, but I don't do race games on my computer

Some modifications I would like to make are
Remove Modern Warfare 2 (too hacky)
Add Fallout 3 (+addons) (one of the best games EVER)
Add Bioshock 2, not the best game I have played as it is very short, still fun though

Other than that, it is a solid list

ew racing games? lol, jk. I haven't given them a fair shot yet. If you like strategy, give HoN (heroes of Newerth) a try. It took the custom map from WC3 created by IceFrog and turned it into a full blown game produced by S2. It's wonderfully fun.

Orange Box:
It has Half-Life 2, Half-Life 2: Episode One, Half-Life 2: Episode Two, Team Fortress 2, and Portal. Only $30. I've played Team Fortress 2 for over thirty hours now, and I would play it A LOT more if I had a computer that was powerful enough to play it well.

Then get Garry's Mod for $10 off of Steam.

Oblivion and Orange Box are the ones I've been playing recently. Team Fortress 2 is awesome even if it is an older game. They keep the updates coming constantly, just last week the Engineer update added new weapons and items and two new maps. It also has good characters and a great design style. I also agree with Garry's Mod, if you like the Source games or just want to play around and build stuff, Gmod is the way to go. It lets you just play with Source's Havok physics by building contraptions out of game models or custom building models, connect them with physics constraints, and then let them go. It has tons of add-ons for additional abilities.

As for Oblivion, it is epic. I started playing it 2 years ago but my PC really didn't run it very well and I didn't get very far so I'm replaying it now that I got my new PC. I really need to look into some mods. I also found a list of console commands that you can "cheat" with depending on how you want to play the game.

I also used to play Jedi Academy (an old Star Wars game) and was in a clan and made some maps, but I can't get it to run on my new PC. It's a shame because I had some awesome maps and it was really easy to make maps for. Valve's Hammer editor for Source is considerably harder to use and in general is more confusing than GTKRadiant was.

@Yerfdog
So is Orange Box like a set or something that has all of those games included? It sounds great for $30. Thanks for your help!

@CalcProgrammer1
Oblivion - I have heard a lot about that game. A lot of good. I will have to add that onto the large list of games I should check out! Thank you for your help!

----

Thank you to everyone who has shared their favorite games! I can't wait to give some of them a try!

If your not big on graphics then i suggest come serious classics first then work your way up.

Trying to go backwards is a real pain when your used to the immersion of current gen games and the graphics.

For PC i think a very good RPG to start out would be Morrowind first, then Oblivion if your into that kinda mythical fantasy stuff. Dragon Age Origins is a very well played game as well.

For FPS there are alot to name really. Just go get some and try em out lol. Halo, CoD, Deus Ex, Crysis, Mass Effect, Unreal Tournament series are a few good ones to start out with.

Racing i absolutely recommend starting with NFS 3 Hot Pursuit and working your way up. For some reason classics get my inner kid working again lol Grid, and DiRT are 2 other fantastic racing games besides the NFS series. Test Drive too.

If your into flying i can recommend Flight Sim of course, Descent series (with DOSbox emulator), and there are a few good WW2 aerial combat games as well.

Idk like was said to many people prefer different types of games. Your best bet is to just Google a few things named off and see if it sounds interesting to you. If it does then try it out. You can also probably find alot of demos for said games with a small Google search.

@Yerfdog
So is Orange Box like a set or something that has all of those games included? It sounds great for $30. Thanks for your help!

@CalcProgrammer1
Oblivion - I have heard a lot about that game. A lot of good. I will have to add that onto the large list of games I should check out! Thank you for your help!

----

Thank you to everyone who has shared their favorite games! I can't wait to give some of them a try!

The Orange Box comes with Half-Life 2, the first two episodes for it, Team Fortress 2, and Portal. However, with Steam, you have to be connected to the internet to play any of the games, including single player ones. You will also need all of the updates to play, it will take a LONG time to download all the updates. It took me more than 8 hours on a connection that jumps around near 350KBps. Don't worry, it will be worth the wait after it's done downloading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom