the best mouse ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OIDanTheManIO said:
I've heard a lot of good things about that mouse. But is it really worth it?

-Dan The Man

The Razer is the best gaming mouse on the planet. It forced Logitech to make mx-518. The Razer literally out does the mx-510 in every way and is even more precise than the mx-1000 laser mouse. I haven't tried the mx-518 yet because it doesn't release in Canada until April 26th. So I can't really judge between mx-518 and Razer Diamondback but Razer is endorsed by so many top gamers world wide. It looks really ugly but boy can you frag with it.

OIDanTheManIO said:
I've heard a lot of good things about that mouse. But is it really worth it?

-Dan The Man

Heck yeah... most accurate mouse I've ever used, and really smooth.

The only problem I have with it is that it is SO FAST that you really have to turn the Mouse Sensitivity WAY down low on EVERY game or else it will just be flying outta control. :p

I have a logitech MX1000 mouse and I like it a lot, bit heavy since its cordless, so I would suggest not getting cordless if your going to be gaming. The razor diamondback mouse looks to be great for gaming.

the MX510 and 518 are insane gaming mices. more than anyone will need today. at 800dpi and 5.8MP, this thing has better specs than my digital camera!!! i have an MX510, blue, and it seriously r0x0rz my b0x0rz.

Obveously the Logitech Trackball is superior to all other pointing devices. No lifting up, surface issues, anything of the sort. Once you get used to it after 2 weeks you realize that you have an insane advantage over everyone in games.

And you won't beleive me until you've tried it and adapted to it...

Can you use these mice (Mx-510, Razor) to change the mouse sensitivity "during" a game with a push of a button? b/c sometimes in a FPS, depending on long or short range, it's nice to have different sensitivies.

Also, how are the 2 above mentioned mice better than the Logitech Mx-310? From a user perspective.

You can mod the mx-510 by taking out the weights in it making it even more superior!! ive got the mx700 and i must admit it is fairly hard to line up the headshot

Chankama said:
Can you use these mice (Mx-510, Razor) to change the mouse sensitivity "during" a game with a push of a button? b/c sometimes in a FPS, depending on long or short range, it's nice to have different sensitivies.

Also, how are the 2 above mentioned mice better than the Logitech Mx-310? From a user perspective.

You can't with the MX-510 but you can with the Razer Diamondback. Like I said the Razer Diamondback forced Logitech to make the MX-518.

In terms of how they are different. The MX-310 is 400 dpi, the MX-510 is 800 dpi and the Diamondback is 1600 dpi. You won't really notice the difference if you're on the desktop but in games and graphic apps you will. The Diamondback is the most precise out of those three. I can't say about the MX-518 yet but I will buy it next week but from the reviews I read the MX-518 has supplanted the Diamondback as the epitome of gaming mice. In truth most general users will never need such precision. These are specialty mice. Ergonomically out of those three I still say the MX-510 is the best but it has a weight but you can remove it or "mod" it like the last poster said. The MX-518 is suppose to be lighter than the MX-510. Can anyone confirm this? The MX-510 is also designed for right handed users only. There have been complaints that fingers get sticky when you use the Diamondback but I haven't notice it. I don't own one, my buddy does...I own the MX-510. The drivers for the Diamondback are MUCH better than the MX-510. Logitech drivers especially earlier versions were INCREDIBLY buggy. The Diamondback is also 16 bit data path. The MX-510 is 12 bit. Most critics and gaming pros would recommend the Diamondback OVER the MX-510 so if you're choosing between those two buy the Diamondback despite the MX-510 being on discount prices in anticipation of the MX-518 which will basically displace the MX-510. Even if you're choosing between MX-1000 and Diamondback most people would recommend Diamondback for gaming and precision but the laser mouse has other advantages. But the Diamondback is more precise than the MX-1000 which is 800 dpi. If you're choosing between the Diamondback and MX-518 you might want to wait awhile. Although a lot of reviews have said that MX-518 is better I am still skeptical about Logitech driver bugs that haven't been discovered yet. I myself am willing to risk that but that could cause a lot of frustration for unprepared consumers.

Ok I guess I'll buy a $5 mouse for now then. Gonna wait till Quake IV comes out to buy a good mouse. The Razer is too expensive in Canada right now. About $95 Cdn. Hopefully it'll go down when the Mx-518 arrives and the competition starts :D..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom