Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3-D Detail

• Shadows

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just like the graphics in Doom III, but the rest of the game just seems to drone on. I am a fan of the extension pack though. Shorter game with more weapons and more monsters :D Silent Hill though just gives you the creeps. Walking around with that radio in the dark and then hearing the static, knowing that something is close by but not knowing where it is, plus the monsters themselves just seem like real life creatures that have suffered through some sort of unbearable torture. and the first time i ever saw a nurse, i thought it was a person i was suppposed to help. you can imagine my surprise when she whipped out a daggar and started charging!

The hospital in SH1 was probably the creepiest place I have ever been in a game. I remember when your in the kitchen near the end of the game, there is a fridge with a dagger wedged kepping it shut. And if you took the dagger without using the ring of contract to chain the door shut when you walk out a tenticle like thing from a monster that was locked in the fridge would grab you and pull you in then you died instantly. I still remember just seeing that thing just creep out and grab my foot, that definatly caught me by surprise.

And multiple endings always made games better.

In Thief: Deadly Shadows (i think its that one), there is one level where you go by an orphanage...that level scared the **** out of me

The original half-life should be up there for sure. That freaked the **** out of me when I first played it ( I was ten at the time) head crabs flinging out of the blue onto you with their nosies, the worst scare I've ever had for sure.

Another part that literally made me fall out of my chair in HL was when everything was when I firt ran into a zombie, I was looking around corners and then boom a claw right in my face. Good times.

I will agree the Half-Life series had it's moments. Ravenholm in the second one takes the cake.

Half life 1 and 2 were great games, but they wernt really scary when compared to other games. My guess is you don't play a lot of horror games, otherwise that wouldnt even phase you. The bad thing about horror games is once you play a few really scary ones you get desensitized and nothing scares you. When I was playing the sewer part in res evil 4 with my friend watching he was getting freaked out, where as I was just like "bam he's dead..next".

there were parts in half life 2 that would scare me.. not really scare.. i dunno what to call it. Those dumb spider things, the black ones, that when they bit you, you dropped down to 1 health... i'd scream like a lil girl everytime i saw one, just pull out my shotgun and blow the living crap out of them... those rat*******s killed me so many times

the Ravenholm level in hl2 is nothing compared to the mod i downloaded called (you probably guessed it) ravenholm! That mod gives me the creeps.
(mod starts off a little slow but starts to pick up later on)

F.e.a.r great game (despite what you naysayers think)
It has its chilling moments like when your in the elevator... lights flicker.....bam girl in the corner.

The Doom series is one word OVERATED

not much of a silent hill player however i had the chance the other day to play SH4 at my girlfriends house and it is by far one of the dullest games i have ever played. (Scared her though lol)

suffering...hmm sounds familiar might have played it is it on xbox
360?

ive always wanted to buy a RE game but iowa sucks and the only one i can find is RE3 so i dont really have any comments on the game.

Anyone else here played system shock 2 to confirm the fact that it dominates all other games in terms of horror (at least for me it did). Nothing even comes mildly close, resident evil 4 and fear were like walks in the park after playing that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom