Best Gaming Headset

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacDaddyGator

In Runtime
I am new to PC Gaming. What is a headset used for in gaming and which one would you recommend. Looking for the best good one for the money. Can a gaming headset be used for phone calls on the computer or for typing programs that recognize your voice?

How about 100+ headset from Razer?

Razer Barracudaâ„¢ HP-1 5.1 Channel Gaming Headphones | Gaming Headset | Razer | For Gamers. By Gamers.â„¢

rz04-00130100-r2m1.jpg

theres a search feature.. thats has the exact same title.. but i recommend the IceMat Siberia...

i like the icemat siberia cuz of its quality for the price.. plus its super comfy :) i have one since about two months ago.. and i'm loving it!!

the icemat siberia do look good, the only thing that puts me off is the detached mic, I'd much rather have an integrated mic on a boom.

XFX headset review

To answer some of the OP questions:

What is a headset used for in gaming:
1) Enables you to clearly hear whats going on with minimum interference from environmental noise.
2) Helps you pinpoint where sounds are coming from and how far away they are, very useful in FPS (shooting) games.
3) A gaming headset includes a microphone for in game communication, be it just chat or team coordination.

Can a gaming headset be used for phone calls on the computer or for typing programs that recognize your voice?

Yes in a word.

Those Icemat headphones are like 81 - 111$. And they look nice too especially the built-in 5.1 surround sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom