Best game for my system?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to wait till August to get cable put in the ground by me. And for the last year I have used a 56k connection and I played EQ just fine (65 Lord Paladin). But if you are gonna play with a 56k connection I suggest using Earthlink. I have used other internet providers and had many problems. No problems with Earthlink so far.

Don't get WoW; with the 56k connection you'll wait FOREVER just to update the patches, and take FOREVER lining up just to play on the server. My friend learned it the hard way.

yeah thats kinda what i was thinking, although the monthly payments wouldn't be a big problem (we dont have cable b/c we get 56k for free from my dad's job so...). I'm thinking HL2 right now but what if i threw guild wars into the mix?

that wont work they are too cheap. if i want something like that im gonna have to pay for it (which won't happen while i'm making a crappy $6.00/hr at a crappy job). I'll just get hl2 and enjoy it for the whole summer. maybe replay some of my older games.

chickenfoot said:
Don't get WoW; with the 56k connection you'll wait FOREVER just to update the patches, and take FOREVER lining up just to play on the server. My friend learned it the hard way.

Same can be said for HL2 and Steam.

But yeah HL2 would be my choice. Best game I played in 2004. I still play it today. In fact, going through it my 3rd time right now. Buy it through Steam and you also get Valve's entire back catalogue but downloading 4 gb would take quite long with 56k.

Far Cry is another excellent choice.

Both HL2 and Far Cry are arguably in the top 10 or even 5 fps of all-time.

I'm not really into MMORPGs but my buds play WoW and they say it's good and recommend me to try it but I don't really care and don't have time to tell you the truth.

Another game I would recommend is GTA: SA which comes out on PC June I think. I played it on PS2 and it was the 2nd best game I played last year.

Far Cry is not one of the best fps's of all time. if you take out the graphics, it didn't innovate at all. the best fps's should go to the ones that innovate. eg:

Wolfenstein 3D
Half-Life
Unreal
Quake

just to name a few.

Sw1tCh[FX] said:
Far Cry is not one of the best fps's of all time. if you take out the graphics, it didn't innovate at all. the best fps's should go to the ones that innovate. eg:

Wolfenstein 3D
Half-Life
Unreal
Quake

just to name a few.

It's all subjective.

Far Cry is top 10 fps in my books.

Innovation is not everything. If you say that then Elgin Baylor is greater than Michael Jordan because it was Elgin who revolutionized how basketball is played in the air not Jordan. Or the first Ford T or whatever is better than a Ferrari. Heck, Jedi Knight revolutionized fps level design before HL therefore it is better than HL? All games build on what other games did in the past.

Anyways, everybody's list is different. I can see you base yours more on innovation. I base mine on the overall game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom