Best FPS Game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I loved Half-Life and Half-Life 2, I think mainly because of the story. Plus it had awesome graphics (HL2 lol) and gameplay. For multiplayer I'd say CS:S is still my favorite. I've been playing Counter-Strike for a long time and it's still on top. BF2 is also amazing. Then of course you have some third party games and mods, like Garry's Mod for HL2. Really fun, you should try it if you haven't.

TheMajor said:
My favorites are RTCW, CoD1&2, MoH and SoF1&2. Half-Life 1&2 are not bad either; I'm not a big fan of Doom 3, though the older ones are fun. Same with Quake 1 & 2, I don't like Quake 3, and I didn't really play Quake 4 yet. I tried FEAR and Prey, but I don't like them.

Forgot FarCry.

Big RTCW fan! :D

FEAR was good, and for story line and sound effects, COD2!

Haven't gotten around to Prey yet.

And FarCry was great the first time around, don't think I'd be able to get through it again though. Its fine untill you start fighting the trigents, then it gets old really quick! Did like scoping out the situation with the binoculars beforehand, and then picking them off once you know where everyone is!

Busy with Doom 3 now. I guess it would be more fun if I didn't play Quake 4 first, but meh, it keeps me busy!

A major disapointment was Condemned! Was expecting more from Monolith after FEAR, but I only played for an hour before I stopped. Haven't tried it again.

Now I'm just biding my time, waiting for Crysis. I reckon it's going to be great!

quake 4 owns now that there 1.3 patch came out..

Also have to agree with truebe.. cs 1.6 "was the game I loved to play"

In my opinion.. 1.6>source.

CS:Source is my favorite at the moment.

I liked HL1 and HL2, they were pretty good.

I have UT2k4 but I don't play it much because there doesn't seem to be very many servers. I can find only about 2 servers with a ping of less than 50 which sucks. I'm relatively near Seattle so I don't see why I can't find at least a couple dozen low ping servers along the west coast.... ok I'll end this rant now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom