Best FPS Game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
half life 2 and its mods such as : the hidden, battlegrounds 2 beta, golden eye and dystopia.

Battlefield 2 before patch 1.3 here's hoping 1.4 fixes things.

F.E.A.R for its eerie atmosphere and story.

Prey is a very fun game beats doom3 any day and multiplayer is extremely intense and different.

COD2 has some of the best sound effects for an FPS but I do agree the multiplayer is lacking, although single player is worth it.

And you said you liked RPGs then I would suggest Oblivion for the sheer scale and graphics.

For Online RPG`s Im playing silkroad at the moment and loving it :) not to mention its free! and looks very nice and plays well.

As for Doom 3 I wouldn't buy it if money is an issue. I found the game to get very frustrating with its annoyingly placed spawn points of enemies.

massacreinfallx said:
I havnt played doom 3 yet but it looks really good i want to try it, does anybody know how that is?
Doom 3 is okay. It's scary. Like there was a quite few times where it did have me jumping out of my seat.
However toward the end, it gets rather boring and repeative as you are fighting the same mosters using the same tactics again and again. I found myself using GOD mode for the last 1/3 of the game (except for bosses) as I just wanted to finish it.

However I did play QUAKE 4, and I did find that one more enjoyable and more interesting.

Re: Re: Best FPS Game?

Harper said:
Doom 3 is okay. It's scary. Like there was a quite few times where it did have me jumping out of my seat.
However toward the end, it gets rather boring and repeative as you are fighting the same mosters using the same tactics again and again. I found myself using GOD mode for the last 1/3 of the game (except for bosses) as I just wanted to finish it.

However I did play QUAKE 4, and I did find that one more enjoyable and more interesting.

yeah same thing though, im not into the alien sci-fi thing :-\

My favorites are RTCW, CoD1&2, MoH and SoF1&2. Half-Life 1&2 are not bad either; I'm not a big fan of Doom 3, though the older ones are fun. Same with Quake 1 & 2, I don't like Quake 3, and I didn't really play Quake 4 yet. I tried FEAR and Prey, but I don't like them.

I played FEAR at my friend's house and thought it was amazing. The graphics are great and the firefights are insane, even if the whole 'supernatural' thing did get old kinda quick.

Looking forward to crysis :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom