Best first person shooter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's 2142.

I like Vista, but yes it does have it's occasional problems - just like any os. It's basically just personal preference.

And I would recommend America's Army for a free online FPS.
wolfenstein enemy territory ftw
free, and really fun been playing for 3 years
then again really the only game i can play with 800mhz proc and geforce4 mx and 512mb RAM and macintosh OS
wow 1st quarters taking 4ever I WANT MY GAMING RIG

Yeah, HL2 and FEAR are a must, maybe not so much FEAR though, but still. HL2 is a priority for a pc gamer. If you're interested in online, try Counter-Strike Source and Day of Defeat. Also try Battlefield 2 for a tactical FPS.

Here's a quick list:
HL2
FEAR
Bioshock
FarCry
Doom 3
BF2/2142
Quake 4
CSS
DoD
Unreal Tournament Series
Call of Duty series (if you're really into WWII, games aren't 100% amazing though)
Team Fortress 2

One's you should look forward to:
Crysis
Far Cry 2
Battlefield: Bad Company
Unreal Tournament 2007
Call of Duty 4 (not WWII and looks AMAZING)
Alan Wake (I think it's primarily 3rd person but 1st person as well, not sure)

LOL! Did you just say BF2 is tactical? BF2 is the most idiot-ridden game I've ever played in my life. It is no where even remotely close to tactical. 90% of the time it's "the better noob wins".

I mean tactical because there are different classes with different abilities, there's vehicles, objectives and on-field resources such as using the artillery. I would consider it separate from a regular shooter because of all these aspects. Maybe it's not tactical in practice, but the structure of the game is meant for tactical gameplay, although it's skewed a little too close to being a run and shoot type of game. I'm not a big BF2 player myself, I just recommended it because of its popularity.

What I will also add to that list for the original poster is Chronicles of Ridd ick: Escape from Butcher Bay (Developer's Cut). Started playing it on Xbox first and then got the PC version. Really great visuals, even for a 4-year old game and cool FPS gameplay mixed with some stealth elements and adventure elements as well.

CrazeD said:
LOL! Did you just say BF2 is tactical? BF2 is the most idiot-ridden game I've ever played in my life. It is no where even remotely close to tactical. 90% of the time it's "the better noob wins".
You, obviously, have never played in a clan environment. Mega teamwork, mega pwnage, mega fun. ;)

Everything people have metioned especially HL2/Bioshock for single player and BF2/CSS for multi...

And not an FPS (although kind of plays like a shooter even though its strategy) but WORLD IN CONFLICT!! This game is freaking amazing, played it on my friends 88GTX on 1680x1050 max settings and can't get enough of it. Funnest game I've played in awhile. Sadly its a little demanding if you want to run it max but I hear it still looks good on med/high settings

A great free game is World of Padman. It's an arena style game that you can either play online or by yourself with bots. The thing that makes this game different is that the levels are in different rooms of a house, and you are about 2 inches tall. It's pretty awesome.

Hellgate: London has FPS elements built into it. Hope that helps ^_^.

but actually i recommend BF 2142 if ur interested in those BF games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom