Best Combat Flight Simulator & Joystick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

10th-Outrider

Beta member
Hey everyone, I recently played an amazing flight simulator with a joystick at a friend's place and I'm hooked. I'm going to be buying a top of the line joystick and a few flight sims in the next few weeks. What would yall suggest for the top of the line joystick, or just the best? What about the top 3 flight sims?

the Cougar is the best!!! It is identical to the flight controls of an F-16.

here's a link

it's pricey and the controls are far from easy to master, but if you're into flight sims, this set up is top notch. ;)

as for games, i have always liked falcon 4.0. It is on the extreme end of realistic. Meaning you have to take off, fly for a while, engage the enemy, and return home to complete a mission. All of the actual controls of an F-16 are there and you have to use them or you're dead very quickly.

I wouldnt know which one to recommend although I know that you can't be wrong with logitech,but don't ever get a Saitek.The stick is very loose and get even looser after numerous uses at the point that it almost stays where the stick been moved.(from my own experience and confirmed by some reviews)

if u want i sugest getting ace combat 5 simulator set u get ace combat 5 and an amazing joy stick all for 130 and teh joy stick is compatible with future releases of ace combat games altho u would need a ps2

Amd gt player said:
if u want i sugest getting ace combat 5 simulator set u get ace combat 5 and an amazing joy stick all for 130 and teh joy stick is compatible with future releases of ace combat games altho u would need a ps2

This is the PC GAMING section, meaning he is looking for pc flight sims

And I suggest waiting for flight sim X, and pick up like 2004.

YEah, Im gonna recommend the x52s as well

http://www.shentech.com/ps28.html

I've got a set of x45s (the older version) and they're solid. if you want something cheap then you cant beat the original cyborg 3D.

Games to reccommend? depends on what you want, if you're after combat + realism then il2 is a **** fine sim, although difficult to control and I find it **** boring. meh

the only flight sim i've really enjoyed was Strike commander back in the day, rather arcadey but hey. Come to think about it Reb Baron was pretty awsome too ^^

get IL-2 Sturmovik with all of the expansions. Most realistic World War 2 game youll play.

Eaglez said:
get IL-2 Sturmovik with all of the expansions. Most realistic World War 2 game youll play.

maybe thats why I dont like it so much, struggle to get your beasting 109 of the runway > fly for 10 of 15 minutes > eat a heck load of flack > brief dogfight assuming your plane isn't already flacked to pieces > get shot down *or* crash on the way back to your strip coz your engine has leaked oil all over your screen, over heated and caught fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom