been playing Crysis

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am running Vista Home Premium 64bit.

I will try memtest86. What if my current ram speed is different than when I bought the ram?

I have been overclocking my cpu but I know this is not the problem because even before I started overclocking it did the same thing.

So I don't need to change the cpu speed, just the timings on the ram? Just want to make sure.

Why do I need to do this to run memtest86? Why can't I run the test at current ram speeds?

You can't run the current RAM speed because any errors you get with memtest would be errors from speeds and settings that the manufacturer does not condone nor garuntee, so you couldn't RMA the RAm if you get errors on non stock settings.

If you get Errors in memtest with the RAM running the stock Speed and Timmings then you can RMA it.

To change RAm speed without changing CPU speed you change the RAM divider.

krazyq, I answered your question. I am running Vista Home Premium 64 bit.

Okay Ste, I will see if I can figure that out. I may be back here to ask for help. I'm not going to do it now, don't have time. I might try to do it this evening if I get time.

I just remembered I don't think I can RMA the ram if it is bad. It came with a rebate and I sent it in. If the ram is bad, I guess I will need contact OCZ. Would they be able to tell if the speed has been changed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom