been playing Crysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

memory

Daemon Poster
I have been playing Crysis for the past few hours and so far I like it. I have everything maxed out with a resolution 1028x768 and I get around 15fps with no lag.

How do you run Crysis in directx9 mode?

When I was installin the game, after it was almost done installing, it brought up a page wanting me to download something about virtual address space usage in Windows game development. Do I need to download that? The game works fine so far. When it finished, it did not put any shortcuts on the desktop. When I went to find the shortcut, I noticed there are 2 different folders that have a shortcut in it. One is Bin32 and the other is Bin64. What is the difference? Does it make a difference which one I open up?

I'm not sure about your question, but that's pitiful performance for your specs. You need to OC. You sure you didn't make a typo?

If you have vista then go into the start menu and click games. There should be a crysis icon in there. Right click that and click play dx9. The download that came up is like a bug fix for the game. click bin32 if you have a 32-bit OS and bin64 if you have a 64-bit OS. Just on a side note though, how can you play at 15fps? That's like a slide show.

Ok, thanks for that. What do you mean it is like a slide show? It does not skip at all. I do have everything maxed out playing in dx10.

well what are you using to measure your fps? with your system i would say you could get at least 25 at your settings.

I get 30 fps with a worse video card, and thats on 1680x1050, on 1024x768 I can get at least 50 (very high dx9)...though mine may perform better since he doesn't have anything overclocked.

I use Fraps to monitor fps. Maybe I need to use a different program. I figured if I played at a higher resolution, it would not play as well as a lower resolution.

try using the fps that is built into the game. I havn't played crysis yet so i don't know if there is a key to open it but there is usually a code you can enter that will. Try gamfaqs.com for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom