Battlefield Vietnam vs. Battlefield2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank Jaeger

In Runtime
I want to get one of these games but I'm not sure which one.

I know BF2 is newer but that's one reason I'm scared to get it. My comp isn't as bleeding edge as some and I'm not sure how good I'll be able to run it.

BFV looks really cool and I like the concept of fighting in the sunny jungles of Vietnam more than fighting in the desert or where ever they fight at in BF2. Also I'd be guessing that alot of the immature spawn camping noobs have moved on to BF2 which might make BFV a more fun experience?

Well basically I'm wanting your guys opinion on which game to get because I'm really not sure what the big difference is between the two besides graphics and setting.

What are the differences between BF2 and BFV?

Which one should I get?

Oh yeah and my comp specs are:
Sempron 64 2800+ Palermo
2 x 512MB PC3200
6600GT AGP

i have bf2 on my system (a 6800gt) at max settings (1280x1024, 4x AA, everything else set to "high") and i get at least 60fps... i haven't benchmarked it, but i see absolutally NO lag whatsoever

i would say go for bf2, because it is also more fun :)

also, the fact that it is AGP shouldn't matter too much. my PCI is set to use only 8x, so its like AGP... i see no reason to figure out how to change it seeing that it is rock solid

and a sempron will NOT bottleneck your gpu. there was a thread about how a cpu will never bottleneck a gpu. the only thing it might do is slightly reduce the ability/control over the computer that it has. I would make sure if you do play bf2, that you close out all tasks your not using

everyone else: please correct me if i am wrong

Yeah.....I'm sure my PC will handle BF2 but I just don't know at what settings.

What I really want to know is what are the real gameplay differences between the two games? It seems like BF2 is just like BFV but with a fresh coat of paint. lol Pretty much everyone agrees that BF2 is better but they never say why exactly.

well bf2 is very similar to bfv, but it is still in the updating process, which means that EA will fix any bugs with it and so on. Like all sequels, it really just is a bunch of new maps with a couple of new options and stuff... so its up to you i guess

you should at least be able to play it with med. settings btw

Yeah I read a review on Gamespot and BF2 does have a few features that make it better than BFV like built in voice chat and the whole commander thing. Also the different factions are more balanced this time around. Guess I'll get BF2 then.

LOL, u say fixed bugs etc? R u retarded?

Bf2 is a totaly new game, it's MODERN COMBAT. When was Vietnam attacked...1940's???

The guns are all new. You can now actualy see someone without a block in their head lol. BF2 graphics are good when set to med-high...

That's why you should get it...also more people play it now, so I recommend BF2...

deffintly bf2. it has a large community. plenty of low ping servers. voip, but no one uses it. i wouldn't know anything about bf:v, b/c i never played it.

your processor may hurt you a little. everything else is fine.

battlefield 2 does have many bugs, but less so since its first release. I hope by patch 1.3 they fix some annoyances such as planes are far too powerful.

and hopefully someway to force teamwork, because most of the time very few people actually bother unless in a clan.

that is a stupid idea, you can't have both games, he;d run out of disk space, DUH!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom