BATTLEFIELD: VIETNAM (Opinions)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I GOT IT!!!!

Its awesome~

But man.. its a resource hog.... It runs pretty slow on my PC.. and NOTHING runs slow on my PC.. :(

O well, have to tweak it

guess123 said:
how is warez gay ?

Surely you can't be serious.

Warez is the most popular application that has free game downloads, cd-keys, and other stuff that is just plain wrong.

I admit, I have downloaded free games before, but only Ultimate Doom and Doom 2, nothing else, because even after downloading those I really felt bad about it and stopped doing it.

If you download games for free, you should stop and think about what you are doing. Not only are you helping to hurt the game industry, but you are hurting the developers also. Just think about it man, it usually takes over 2-3 years to develop a game. I wouldnt want to spend 2-3 years or more developing something that someone would just get for free, and I don't blame them for the usual 40$ price tag, hell, that is how much I would sell it for too!

Anyways, just take that as a reminder that downloading games for free is just plain wrong...... :confused:

HoLoCroN said:
I GOT IT!!!!

Its awesome~

But man.. its a resource hog.... It runs pretty slow on my PC.. and NOTHING runs slow on my PC.. :(

O well, have to tweak it

Yes, it is definetely awesome, but you are right, it is a TERRIBLE resource hog.

My specs are listed below and it still runs pretty jerkish, unless I turn the settings down to Medium or below. Having it on high is acceptable, though, and just results in longer load times and more "jerkish" gameplay, but I just cant resist! I like having the graphics max, so I can see what the game is really made of.

What are your system specifications?

Maybe I can help you out??

EDIT/////// OH, and BTW, forgot to tell you guys that in the game review section (at the VERY TOP of the PC gaming forum) I reviewed Battlefield Vietnam for myself, so if you dont mind, please read it and give some feedback/opinions! Thanks in advance! :D

guess123 said:
"buying" is when u get it for free..what cpu n vid card do u have hygor???

oh i did the other kind then... with dinero...

i am currently rocking an AMD Athlon XP 1900+, 512 2700 DDR, Sparkle GForce 3 Ti 200 128mb, Asus A7S333 mobo and SB Audigy 2 with creative 6.1 surround speakers!

Its not the fastest system but it does alright!!!

the game is great very entertaining i am runin it on full details and the lighting effects are nice it feels alot smoother than bf 1942. I cant wait for the next patch to come out. the only bad thing about it is it takes up all my time now i cant stop playing it

jacob77y said:
the game is great very entertaining i am runin it on full details and the lighting effects are nice it feels alot smoother than bf 1942. I cant wait for the next patch to come out. the only bad thing about it is it takes up all my time now i cant stop playing it

Hehe, ya it is pretty good, and with the improved bots single-player provides a pretty good learning experience.

(not to mention how they added the commands so that bots now understand them! So if they try to fly away in a helicopter, if you say you "request a pickup" they will land and let you get in, then they will lift back off)

IF YOU ARE A BF FAN AND HAVENT BOUGHT THIS ALREADY, DO SO NOw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chubz said:
Yes, it is definetely awesome, but you are right, it is a TERRIBLE resource hog.

My specs are listed below and it still runs pretty jerkish, unless I turn the settings down to Medium or below. Having it on high is acceptable, though, and just results in longer load times and more "jerkish" gameplay, but I just cant resist! I like having the graphics max, so I can see what the game is really made of.

What are your system specifications?

Maybe I can help you out??

EDIT/////// OH, and BTW, forgot to tell you guys that in the game review section (at the VERY TOP of the PC gaming forum) I reviewed Battlefield Vietnam for myself, so if you dont mind, please read it and give some feedback/opinions! Thanks in advance! :D

Well, I play it on two of my computers

Desktop:

P4 2.8GHZ
1GB Ram
100GB HDD
256MB GForce 4 Nvidia Vid Card
17" LCD
DSL Internet connection.

Laptop:

P4 2.8 GHZ
512 MB Ram
60 GB HDD
64MB Mobile ATI Radeon 9200
15.4" WXGA TFT widescreen display with 1280 x 800 resolution

Like I said, all of my games run smooth on both boxes but Vietnam is something else....

HoLoCroN said:
Well, I play it on two of my computers

Desktop:

P4 2.8GHZ
1GB Ram
100GB HDD
256MB GForce 4 Nvidia Vid Card
17" LCD
DSL Internet connection.

Laptop:

P4 2.8 GHZ
512 MB Ram
60 GB HDD
64MB Mobile ATI Radeon 9200
15.4" WXGA TFT widescreen display with 1280 x 800 resolution

Like I said, all of my games run smooth on both boxes but Vietnam is something else....

Ya, you are right, it is definetely a powerhouse.

It may sound weird and confusing at first, but cards without DX9 features seem to run it smoother since w/out DX9 features it doesnt require as much video power, but cheaper cards that support DX9 have to put in some more juice to power the game, therefore making it very hard to play, so if you have a card that supports DX9, you will want a good one that can actually run games at a decent pace.

For instance, my Geforce MX 440 w/out DX9 support runs the game GREAT, but my Radeon 9600XT runs it even smoother, and without much lag at all.

If you have a good enough video card that will run the game without any hitches, though, this game is just amazing, that is all I can say.....now back to booby-trapping! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom