Battlefield Heroes Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so I've played a bit of BF Heroes. I just turned level 9 on a national army commando. I can't really say that I love this game. It's fun for something to do. But, there are SOOO many things that make me think this game could be better.

1.) Browser Game - I hate this. You need either Firefox or I.E to play. First you have to login to the website. Then you need to launch the game via a browser plug-in. I've experience a lot of issues with both Firefox and I.E after playing this game. Regardless of the browser, after I close the game they will both crash or report errors. Once an error does occur in either browser, I must actually restart my PC in order to be able to launch the game again. If I don't restart my PC I get two issues. 1 is a connection issue where it can't find any servers or 2 it freezes hangs and never opens.

2.) So once you launch the game you can adjust all the settings etc... Once you begin a game, from what I've seen, there is no way to adjust any of your settings. "Controls" I wanted to remap some of my keys and the only way I could do it was by leaving a game, going into the controls and changing them. Then you have to join the game again.

3.) Balancing sucks. There have been so many games where one side WAY out numbers the other side. I don't believe there is a feature to switch-sides or any auto balance feature.

4.) What side you play on is based off of your character. This is the reason why the sides are always uneven. This also adds to the reason there is no way to choose sides. You are either a national character or a royal character and that's the side you play on.

5.) The fact that you can "buy" battle funds... yea.. this is stupid. I have to spend $5-$50 on a free game to get battle funds to purchase stuff? No.

6.) Lack of VOIP. Terrible. Why? A multiplayer FPS game without VOIP is a sin. No communication on a game that requires A LOT of communication.

7.) 50 point flag capture? 50 points??? Come on... Some games are like 3 minutes. Some less.

8.) 4 MAPS? 2 INFANTRY AND 2 WITH TANKS/PLANES?

9.) No way to pick your own server? WHAT?

10.) I don't even want to go into the punkbuster issue. I've done everything I know possible and randomly out of the blue I will get booted by PB. It doesn't happen all the time. Just out of the blue.

I haven't had those issues, with PB or having to restart.
However, my settings never save between launches. So everytime i want to play i have to readjust my settings for my joystick :mad:

Something i've noticed is that no one seems to have bought any advertising on the game... which is one of the ways they were planning to get their money (the other being Battle Funds)

Ok HAVOC's official words for this game, "IT SUCKS!"

I've played it in beta and now I'm playing it's release. I'm half way to level 11 and I'm sorry but the game overall sucks. I'm so disappointed with the final product.

It HAS potential. It does.... But, the way they have put it together as a multiplayer game is just horrible.

Example: I played for about 3 hours today in 2 session. My character is "National Army - commando". So the first session, the first server was lagging like crazy. People were getting kicked for high pings etc... it was terrible. I left joined another, same lag issues. Left joined another it was still lagging but it was decent. Now everyone was reporting lag in the in game chat. SSo finally the lag was gone and the teams were sooo uneven. Our team was out numbering the other by 3 players. The games weren't even fun. Then the team numbers evened, but we were still rolling the other team in every single match. It wasn't fun at all. I quit.

Then After about an hour I joined another game. Same lag issue. Left, joined another, same lag issue. Left joined another, same lag issue. EVERYONE REPORTED bad lag.

So finally I got server that was no lag and again, the team were uneven and terrible. My team sucked and were getting rolled every single game.

BF heroes, is a big pile of steaming.....

Well my gaming desktop is broken so lets see how well BF:heroes runs off a netbook at 1920x1200 tonight.

ps. rather annoyed that I can't find EADM on EA's own site each should be in a massive button on the side or even a quick link at the bottom.

Well my gaming desktop is broken so lets see how well BF:heroes runs off a netbook at 1920x1200 tonight.

ps. rather annoyed that I can't find EADM on EA's own site each should be in a massive button on the side or even a quick link at the bottom.

lol, EADM doesn't even work for me on my PC. No matter what I've tried it always tells me I need the current flash player and I DO! I ALWAYS DO!... lol I hate EA

Well Battlefield 1943 has been released on PS3 and 360. And it's flippin' awesome.

The maps are brilliant, whilst they are only 3 - they are all awesome (the top 3 maps from BF1942, remade for 1943) Guadalcanal, Iwo Jima, Wake Island.

The planes are SO fun to fly it's amazing. 100x better than BF:H, the best flying of any game i've played. They are usefull too, the machine guns make very short work of infantry and a well placed bomb drop will destroy tanks with ease (although placing bombs is difficult to master, takes coordination, guts, and skill) However despite the usefulness of Planes they are really quite hard to get kills with, but ever so powerful in skilled hands. However get to close to flak cannons and you'll be out the sky before you know it. And these planes don't handle like other arcade games, they're pretty realistic. Nose diving down gains alot of speed and you cant just pull up at the last minute, you really have to be carefull and pull up on time or you will smash in the ground and die immediately (you die even if your wing clips a tree, oddly).

The guns are all powerful in there own situation, not like stupid BF:H which takes god knows how many rounds to nock a soldier down.

Everything is just great, it really is. My only complaint is that the Recoilless Rifle (basically rocket launcher) doesn't do enough damage to tanks, and that bombs and tank fire don't do enough damage to soldiers. All shells and bombs have to hit soldiers within 3feet. But i guess this is to make it a bit more balanced.

Apart from that.. superb, and it's only £10 ! anyone with a PS3 or 360 should buy it now.

Oh, and once the community on each console has totalled 43,000,000 kills there is a new planes only map unlocked :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom