Battlefield beta

I think the tanks are too stupidly OP, the cavalry bug is pretty dumb and pissed me off quite a bit, and IMO takes way too long to toss tank grenades. It just feels like another Battlefield game to me and graphics seem that of Battlefront.

I've heard that people don't like the tanks being OP...but they're supposed to be OP, IMO - they're tanks in WW1 :p. They don't feel like damn houses of cards like in BF4. I stopped using the tank grenades and switched to using the AT gun for taking out tanks...works so much better.

Yeah feels like a BF game still, but still a bit different regards to the weapons - a lot looser spread makes fights slightly more close quarters.

Seems in FPS there is one extreme to the other, COD is way too close quarter with way too much run and gun and BF always had that "a little to open" fire fight to it. this one gets a little closer to some place in the middle of the two, old weapons make it so you need to get close but still have the open map. I think it's good and yes the tanks are tough to kill but tanks are tough to kill so it's good to me anyway.

Was confirmed by a dev shortly after launch that the light tanks were much stronger than desired... but I relate that to the class bug that stopped the masses from leveling up and being able to use the AT launcher.

Ive only seen it being used once. Along with the K bullets that snipers have, you can take out tanks pretty easily.

Overall, it was still a BF game and it does feel like battlefront. Will still pick up though.

I've heard that people don't like the tanks being OP...but they're supposed to be OP, IMO - they're tanks in WW1 :p. They don't feel like damn houses of cards like in BF4. I stopped using the tank grenades and switched to using the AT gun for taking out tanks...works so much better.

Yeah feels like a BF game still, but still a bit different regards to the weapons - a lot looser spread makes fights slightly more close quarters.
The problem with this inaccurcy is the fact that in WW1 tanks were pretty easy to take out due to the fact that they didn't have bullet proof materials. The 8mm steel on the Landship (which was the first tank btw) was capable of keeping out most small arms fire, but an explosive could easily damage of any sort. They also went 4mph.

What close quarters? This game turned into camperfield real quick when everybody unlocked the Russian.

Seems in FPS there is one extreme to the other, COD is way too close quarter with way too much run and gun and BF always had that "a little to open" fire fight to it. this one gets a little closer to some place in the middle of the two, old weapons make it so you need to get close but still have the open map. I think it's good and yes the tanks are tough to kill but tanks are tough to kill so it's good to me anyway.
Like previously said, this is camperfield. I hardly ever had close quarters combat. I could never run to another point without being sniped at.

Was confirmed by a dev shortly after launch that the light tanks were much stronger than desired... but I relate that to the class bug that stopped the masses from leveling up and being able to use the AT launcher.

Ive only seen it being used once. Along with the K bullets that snipers have, you can take out tanks pretty easily.

Overall, it was still a BF game and it does feel like battlefront. Will still pick up though.
I never once was able to kill a tank with K bullets.

My best friend was stupid enough to pick this game up, preorder premium and all. I MIGHT get it on sale for 30 or 15. I have completely lost all fun playing Battlefield these days.

The problem with this inaccurcy is the fact that in WW1 tanks were pretty easy to take out due to the fact that they didn't have bullet proof materials. The 8mm steel on the Landship (which was the first tank btw) was capable of keeping out most small arms fire, but an explosive could easily damage of any sort. They also went 4mph.

What close quarters? This game turned into camperfield real quick when everybody unlocked the Russian.

They weren't going for total historical accuracy, just partial accuracy with exaggerations. If you want a real WW1 shooter, play Verdun from what I've heard.

Close quarters in regards to the fire fights. I didn't have that much of an issue with avoiding snipers; but I also ended up sticking around C quite a bit with attack/defense and there's plenty of cover on those points. Also had a sniper on my squad (a buddy) who would take out snipers I called out to him or that took me down.

My best friend was stupid enough to pick this game up, preorder premium and all. I MIGHT get it on sale for 30 or 15. I have completely lost all fun playing Battlefield these days.

Must be because I stopped playing BF soon after 4 came out (because of all of the issues it had), and I had grown tired of military shooters anyway. But BF1 did indeed feel fun again, at least to me.

They weren't going for total historical accuracy, just partial accuracy with exaggerations. If you want a real WW1 shooter, play Verdun from what I've heard.

Close quarters in regards to the fire fights. I didn't have that much of an issue with avoiding snipers; but I also ended up sticking around C quite a bit with attack/defense and there's plenty of cover on those points. Also had a sniper on my squad (a buddy) who would take out snipers I called out to him or that took me down.

Must be because I stopped playing BF soon after 4 came out (because of all of the issues it had), and I had grown tired of military shooters anyway. But BF1 did indeed feel fun again, at least to me.
Sure they aren't, but it makes 0 sense to make it 0 fun in the beginning when you can't take out a tank. The launcher is really the only thing that can properly take out something like the landship or the artillery but let's be honest, game progression was bugged except the few that knew you could do it without progression online and the artillery is ****ing slow as **** to move. By the time you wheel that thing around to kill a tank they already killed you. Before people cry it's a beta, BF3 and BF4 betas both had bugs that weren't fixed until WAY later after initial release. Like, BF4 was ****ed for like 6 months to a year.

This has been my issue since they released BF4 so soon after BF3. They're going after the cash cow tactic that CoD demonstrated and literally care 0 about the bull**** they release. It makes it practically unfun to play any of their half assed games because they're unbalanced and buggy as **** for about a year. By then, everybody is already extremely good at the game or are using undetectable hacks which makes the game unplayable in these circumstances. I had fun for about 2 hours until the newness went away then started noticing how it's literally "just another Battlefield game". I mean, anytime I came across a tank I just stood there because there was nothing I could do on foot. I even have it on stream how I was tossing so many anti-tank grenades at a landship then was standing on top of him for a while. Was telling my friend "nothing I can do, better hop off and die".

I recall The hotel glitch in BF 2, and the fact that a sniper could sit on the belly of an upside down flying jet and pick people off at the edge of the map, the bugs were never a prioity to EA; my own copy of BF3 on the cp suffered from a sound glitch that crashed the game. Didn't bother with Battle Field 4, not just for the expected bugs, but how badly designed the maps were and how far down the rabbit hole the business model went.

I recall The hotel glitch in BF 2, and the fact that a sniper could sit on the belly of an upside down flying jet and pick people off at the edge of the map, the bugs were never a prioity to EA; my own copy of BF3 on the cp suffered from a sound glitch that crashed the game. Didn't bother with Battle Field 4, not just for the expected bugs, but how badly designed the maps were and how far down the rabbit hole the business model went.

Good to see you around. ;)

I have actually enjoyed BF4 overall, but that is mainly because I have been able to play with friends/clanmates. I am not sure about BF1, at least not enough to sink the same kind of money that I did in BF4 (Deluxe edition, Premium).

Ill probably wait to see footage of all the different maps first. Wasn't particularly fond of the maps in the beta, like PP said you just got snipped all the time running from one area to another. At the same time, the scope reflection thing just annoys me.

It's really nice graphically I guess. I have Squad though, and Rising Storm 2 is on it's way. Squad is pretty great by the way. Battlefield make song and dance about needing team play, but eh, not really. Squad though... you will never have much impact on the game on your own. You need to squad up, with a good squad leader, spread out, flank, and ensure you have a mic. Game is super satisfying with a good squad.

Yep have been debating on this one. The Beta was better than BF3 in the few hours I played. I agree with PP the Tank thing was irritating. But I did like that you could kill a plane with mounted machine guns - unlike BF3 when the plane were nearly indestructible from the ground ( other than a direct hit with a tank shell) . I also liked spawning in a plane to be their rear facing gunner- had fun doing that. BF3 was buggy, laggy, glitchy for me for the first 6 months - tried every bug fix I could find and they worked somewhat. But wow, I paid $$ for a game I have to spend hours researching on how to fix!!! So I did not even try BF4.

Back
Top Bottom