Battlefield Bad Company 2 Single Player

Status
Not open for further replies.
im in the same boat as you whirlwind, i only play single player, and i have to say i was kinda disappointed by BFBC2, comparing it to previous Battle field franchise game play i was extremely disappointed in every way, it is nothing like any of the other battle field games that ive come to know and love.

i saw this as basically an exact replica of Call of duty game play... if i want to play Call of duty, ill play call of duty, i wanted to play battle field when i got this game, and ended up playing call of duty.

and the physics were pretty horrible... the " completely destructible " environment has a lot of growing up to do. its a cool concept but its far from good, let alone perfect.

if this game had the same kind of game play that battle field 1942 did, it would have been an epic game!

one more thing i didnt like about this game was that you cannot start a LAN game and play with you and a buddy against 40 bots

This game isn't trying to be Battlefield 2 or 1942 or any other BF. It is a sequel to a game that was never even on PC. It is not right to compare it to a game its not trying to be.

If you have spent any amount of decent time in CoD you would be able to tell this game is far from it. Single player as well. Granted I never played any BF single player but the original BC. I believe it to follow the style well.

The destruction system of course isn't going to be perfect. Nothing ever is when its first introduced.

All in all the SP was decent. Definitely not the best but once again this game was made for MP.

Well, this is the first bf game on pc ever to have single-player so that makes sense. Only the console bf's have had it before.

LOL... That I did not know as I only have BF2 for PC (and bc2 of course, out of the BF games.). I played BC1 on xbox.

I agree that the destructible enviorments were not perfect....but they were still not bad....the cutscenes and the cinematics were very well done ,IMO.

I also liked alot of the one liners that the squad threw around.

The SP reminded me very much of the CoD series SP.

I do wish that you could have ordered your squad on what to do and I wish they would not have been immune to all gun fire .

Like most games these days it suffers from "consolitis".....but name me the games that don't.....there are a few, but not many. :cry:

It was still a fun experience for me, even though it was not the game, say Ghost Recon is.

Ah man BC on PS3 was GREAT. The one liners and overall comedic dialog was actually really funny. The game play on that one was really fun, same with the MP. It did exactly what BC2 made me do when it came out: Throw away COD.

Is this game pretty popular online still? I bought it for $28 brand new sealed on ebay, accidentally had it shipped to my school dorm... I'm home from school for the summer -.- Who knows how long it'll take to be forwarded...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom