Battlefield 4 Alpha Benchmarks

steve10765

Daemon Poster
Take a look at these Battlefield 4 Alpha Benchmarks
They have 1080P Benchmarks, 2560 X 1600, video memory usage, microstuttering and a few more things.

All I can say is holy crap... thats crazy. I know its an Alpha but daaaang.
To make it even worse the dude doing the benchmarks is on an i7 3970 @ 4.9 GHZ, 2400MHZ 16GB RAM, and on an SSD.

I know Battlefield 4 will be optimized when it releases, but jeeeez. What do you guys think?

EDIT: they also have the recommended alpha system requirements, looks like 32Bit OS's are not supported. http://bf4news.weebly.com/1/post/2013/06/bf4-alpha-trial-recommended-system-specs.html

Last edited:
CPU really has nothing to do with it as it appears to be highly GPU dominant, which is exactly how BF3 was in alpha. With time, engine optimizations, and graphics driver updates it'll be a tame kitty cat just like BF3.

When BF3 was closed beta I couldn't play it maxed with a GTX465 highly OCed, now I can play it with a stock 5850 on all ultra minus AA.

i wonder what cards are going to perform better... so far it seems like nvidia, but the consoles( PS4 and Xbox One ) are AMD so even if they ported the game it would already be somewhat optimized.

EDIT:what I am saying is it should already be ahead of Nvidia

Last edited:
The game is developed for and on PC and being ported to console, but AMD and EA have already admitted that Nvidia will not get to test and develop driver updates until after the game is released. Just proves the superiority of Nvidia drivers and chips IMO.

I was waiting for a thread on BF4 , who is "in" ?? I have seen several deals online to pre-purchase the PC game for about $70= "ouch". My 17 y.o. pre-purchased from Origin - he got the beta access, some DLC, and something like "gold package points" - must be a type of progress points toward weapons or armor upgrades in-game or something like that. Seems awfully expensive for a pre-purchase when they have not even announced when the beta is coming out and the game is only scheduled to lunch next fall- which as we all know could be delayed to when ever....

I'm not buying it. Why pay for BF3 and more DLC when I already have BF3 and a ton of DLC :rolleyes:
I hate what EA have become, and what they have turned the Battlefield series into.

I was waiting for a thread on BF4 , who is "in" ?? I have seen several deals online to pre-purchase the PC game for about $70= "ouch". My 17 y.o. pre-purchased from Origin - he got the beta access, some DLC, and something like "gold package points" - must be a type of progress points toward weapons or armor upgrades in-game or something like that. Seems awfully expensive for a pre-purchase when they have not even announced when the beta is coming out and the game is only scheduled to lunch next fall- which as we all know could be delayed to when ever....

I have already preordered it myself. Battlefield is my one game that i really play so... yeah.

I will probably get it - not sure about the pre-order though. Really had a blast on 2142, BF3 was great until the hackers and the maps were over exposed ( put a guy here, and there and no way out= "bottle-necking" = Metro map especially- so those who like that type of playing = "run and gun" took over, and several people had the "aimbot" cheat going at the same time. If you found a map without cheaters- or those that game 24 /7 and are sooo good it is like cheating, then BF3 was a lot of fun. I agree with PP on not liking what EA has become - but the same thing happens to all it is businesses and EA is going to milk this until it no longer produces anything for them.

I will probably get it - not sure about the pre-order though. Really had a blast on 2142, BF3 was great until the hackers and the maps were over exposed ( put a guy here, and there and no way out= "bottle-necking" = Metro map especially- so those who like that type of playing = "run and gun" took over, and several people had the "aimbot" cheat going at the same time. If you found a map without cheaters- or those that game 24 /7 and are sooo good it is like cheating, then BF3 was a lot of fun. I agree with PP on not liking what EA has become - but the same thing happens to all it is businesses and EA is going to milk this until it no longer produces anything for them.
I'm tired of the hackers too, and they apparently don't care.

Yea I actually meant to put Dice rather than EA. They used to take their time making good quality games but now the CoD experience has them in a greed high.

I'll be picking up BF4 as well. Not sure when I will pre-order it but I got 3 possible beta invites (MOH, BF3 premium on Xbox + PC)

Back
Top Bottom