Battlefield 3 Will Not Come to Steam

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have it on sale fairly often for like $5 every now and then. They did at one point during their summer sale.

Yeah, I've heard of it being $5, but I've only ever seen it for $10 on sale. If I ever catch it for $5, I'll probably get it.

Then don't download while you're gaming lol.

I don't like Steam that much either, but I deal with it. I do like it for it's really cheap game sales they have fairly often, though. Plus its cool when they offer a couple of their top games for free (Portal 1 for a while was free, and TF2 is now completely free).
I don't use Steam at all so not a problem.

I don't use Steam at all so not a problem.

Just saying that Steam usually disables downloads (or you can do it in the options I think) while in-game. You made reference to torrents slowing you down while gaming too...so don't download those either if they slow you down :p.

I can see the issue there. For me though those are mute points. I have fast internet, so even a hefty game only takes a couple hours to download, and downloading is automatically paused when I launch another game. Steam really isn't for everyone, but I've found it very useful for myself--but then again, I'm very used to cloud services as that's what my career is.

Just saying that Steam usually disables downloads (or you can do it in the options I think) while in-game. You made reference to torrents slowing you down while gaming too...so don't download those either if they slow you down :p.
My comment was regarding the throttling comment. I was merely making a point that IF I game on Steam and anything is using the net at all I start to lag. Even though they are going to "fix" it, I still hate the fact that currently I can't play my games without them updating which means I have to wait like 5 hours (exaggerating, sometimes it really is that long though) to play my game. Nothing still defeats my point that if I want to play Offline if I forget to save my credentials or try offline before going to a LAN I'll be screwed if I can't use offline.

I agree with you on that; I hate that it's so hard to play games offline, when if all I want to do is play singleplayer on a game or something and not wanting to be connected online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom