BATTLEFIELD 2142 TROUBLE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, I have AVG on my work laptop , but with three kids the wife ( and I agree) requires a parental control setting and a log on password - AVG cant do this - so she insists on some form of "protection" with these options. I will attempt the Port forwarding stuff tonight when I get home. Thanks again . Any idea of how to get the profiles of our Battlefield characters back to original state- so I can then just down load them to a flashdrive - then if necessary just remove all Battlefield software from the computer and reload the disc from sctratch and then import the profiles of our characters.

All the profiles/stats for BF2 are kept by EA's servers. Just make sure you know the passwords for each account.

Dont know how to get into router Ports for sure - I have a Motorola modem from Comcast cable, and then a Belkin wireless router that I have the desktops (one old xp pc and the gaming newer desktop Vista 32 PC wiht the NVicia 8600gtx card that we use for gaming on my plasma big screen) wired into it and the laptops (2) are wireless. I think everything is networked thru the Belkin with minor security.

Your modem may need to be put into bridge/pass-though mode. you will have to Google for the instructions for it by manufacturer and model number.

yep not enough ports from the Belkin - it suggested runing in DMZ or brindge /pass through modes. What ever that is. Well at least now I know ... Just bought this Belkin 3 months ago- wonder if the motorola modem is part of the problem as it is 3-4 years old.

The motorola model is not even listed ... Hmm - I will put in a call to comcast to see if I can get e newer modem.

The motorola model is not even listed ... Hmm - I will put in a call to comcast to see if I can get e newer modem.

Off topic but you should just buy your own modem. Those cable companies rip you off and charge you monthly for them. You would pay for one in 6-10 months with the monthly fee's they charge for them.

On topic, try to bypass your router and play and see if that helps. If so then you know where your problem is.

Yep - I will have to look into purchasing my own modem. Update- too many ports for the Belkin to handle on the forwarding issues. Will look into doing the DMZor Pass/bridge modes. I finally got my mouse pointer back in the menus area of the game - I think the Kapertsky was not allowing the Setpoint update to load properly. BUT after the forth try with Kapertski shut down my mouse pointer came back- Yea. No luck so far on getting the VOIP to stay "on" . Learning a lot so this is going slow. Either way having a blast playing the game with my kids and on my own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom