Battlefield 2142 Injuries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Famousj6

Beta member
Okay, I've just purchased a copy of Battlefield 2142 and installed it on my new compy. I may not have a cray supercomputer here, but my HP is a beast of a machine. It's running on dual pentium D's at 3 Ghz with 2 GB of ram. I figure with that inside the case, I could run the highest graphics options and be just fine. However, when I try that, everything is choppy. Choppy is not good. Choppy equals death. (Make whatever comments you want about my lack of skill :) ) So, I'm wondering if anyone can give me some opinions. Should I upgrade my Geforce 7300 Le? More ram? New Cpu? Or should I just tweak my system a little? I'd really appreciate your input!

Famousj6 said:
Okay, I've just purchased a copy of Battlefield 2142 and installed it on my new compy. I may not have a cray supercomputer here, but my HP is a beast of a machine. It's running on dual pentium D's at 3 Ghz with 2 GB of ram. I figure with that inside the case, I could run the highest graphics options and be just fine. However, when I try that, everything is choppy. Choppy is not good. Choppy equals death. (Make whatever comments you want about my lack of skill :) ) So, I'm wondering if anyone can give me some opinions. Should I upgrade my Geforce 7300 Le? More ram? New Cpu? Or should I just tweak my system a little? I'd really appreciate your input!

The gpu is holding u back quite a bit, being that its a 64mb card.

Whats your average fps in game?

3g processor should run that game. Not sure if that games even multithreaded.

2g ram is plenty.

Im no expert in hardware, but I think your gpu is whats lacking.

Thank ya thank ya! I just checked it out myself, and I think I will change the card. And for anyone else who checks out this post, I'm not an expert at computers, but I have general knowledge.

Mutwa rules.

I am an expert in hardware, and i know your GPU is lacking. Horribly. Upgrade that faster than you can say "upgrade." Make sure to find out what slot your motherboard has for video cards. PCI or AGP or PCI-E. You can (should be able to) find out by clicking Start>Run and typing "dxdiag" without the quotation marks. Click on the "Display" tab, and under "Chip Type" it should say whether it is PCI, AGP, or PCI-E.

it's definetely the graphics card causing you the lag.
GPU (graphics processing Unit) is more important than CPU in games.
as long as the CPU meets the minimum requirment of the game, it's fine.
rest of the performance will be depending on GPU.

boomstick666 said:
it's definetely the graphics card causing you the lag.
GPU (graphics processing Unit) is more important than CPU in games.
as long as the CPU meets the minimum requirment of the game, it's fine.
rest of the performance will be depending on GPU.

I will add one thing to this post, though I do agree with it . :)

two things really matter in gaming once you have a decent cpu.

graphics card and memory.

you have plenty of memory. graphics card upgrade will get you golden.

As a side note... check you PSU and make sure of what its wattage is... all new graphics cards have a minimum wattage requirement. You might have to upgrade your PSU as well as your graphics card.

as above, upgrade GPU, get at least a 7900GT and you should see much better improvements, i can run the game at max settings, highest resolution on the game(with my 17" LCD) and it doesnt lag at all, only a little when your on the titans with like 30+ people on each team but im told most people experience lag on the titans so its not Dependant on system spec as such.

Trotter said:
As a side note... check you PSU and make sure of what its wattage is... all new graphics cards have a minimum wattage requirement. You might have to upgrade your PSU as well as your graphics card.
surly if his psu was under powered it wouldnt work properly, certainly would play the game would it. :confused:

Wow. This is the first tech forum I've ever been a member of, and I never expected people to be this helpful. Thank you guys very much! You gave me very detailed info and I appreciate it. I saw a 7900 GT at best buy actually. I think I'm gonna go pick it up. $200 is worth it when I get to see my opponents die in high resolution ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom