Battlefield 2142 crashing on start up

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawaiian style

In Runtime
Ok, I bought the Deluxe Version for 20$ at Gamestop. I got a semi new computer that meet the requirements and they did, exactly to be exact.

So I went to everyones favorite, google, and looked for similar issues. I tried them ALL, literally, and of to no success.

What I did:
Re-installed my OS(windows xp SP2) 3 times
Re-installed the game 4 times
Created other admin account with full right 2 times
And cried 1 time

All these did NOT work. People are telling me to delete files I dont have because the game wont even start up so I cant get those files (like the cache files for example)

can ANYONE please help me out? I really want to try this game and not have to sell it on ebay to recover some of the money.

Thank you SO much in advance. I will be looking here for any suggestions.

BF2 is very stingy with resources, so I figure 2142 is as well. Kill anything running that you do not need. Download and run CCleaner to empty out any crud in the way (such as aforementioned files).

BF2 likes a lot of RAM, with 2 gigs being the best for it. It will run on less, but not as well, so I figure the same for 2142.

Are you meeting the minimum requirements and that's it?

He's running XP, not Vista. Unless he has set himself up as a guest... besides, the post says he has tried using admin accounts.

I will be the first to tell you I don't have BF2142. I will be buying BF3, but not a giant mod.

yep, Im running on an admin account. Full privileges, Firewall if off, I even through the ports onto my Linksys router to see if that would help but so far, nothing.

BF2 is very stingy with resources, so I figure 2142 is as well. Kill anything running that you do not need. Download and run CCleaner to empty out any crud in the way (such as aforementioned files).

BF2 likes a lot of RAM, with 2 gigs being the best for it. It will run on less, but not as well, so I figure the same for 2142.

Are you meeting the minimum requirements and that's it?
Yeah, I meet the requirements with a better graphics card, and Ram amount, 1.5gigs. other than that, everything meets the required equipment listed on the game box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom