Battlefield 2142

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monkey

In Runtime
I was wanting some reviews from everyone of battlefield 2142.. Would you say it is a worth paying for or not worth the money really?
What is its replay ability and how long does it take to beat ?

If you already have BF2 its a welcome change, but after a little while you will come to realise its not as good as BF2.

If you dont have BF2 go for that instead of BF2142. There both pretty decent games (bf2 being the better) , but bf2 would be a better choice.

hmm.. i see.
I do like sci-fi games...then again I do enjoy killing with modern day weapons too.. oh the choices of how to kill...

I much prefer sci-fi shooters, especially ones like BF2142 where it's not so advanced that you're pumping out hordes of plasma against invading aliens. Unfortunately, the gameplay is very disappointing compared to BF2 which is a masterpiece. Id say go for BF2 before 2142.

download the demos urself on filefront.com. BF 2142 demo i know can go online. However, the game itself on multiplayer isnt as packed as it was back in 2006. Not too many servers anymore. Patch 1.50 adds widescreen support now. Just right-click the icon on deskop, go to Properties and then go to target n after the file location, type in -widescreen n it will actually work n can now support the native resolution of ur monitor.

If your system meets the requirements you could get Crysis Warhead for $30. It's pretty much the ultimate scifi shooter and you also get to fight north Korea so there is a modern combat aspect as well. (the weapons are assault rifles, smg's, etc as well as a few alien weapons)

BF2142 comes across as a mod for BF2 instead of its own game.

BF2 metascore: 90%
BF2142 metascore: 79%

its obvious which is better, I put 500+ hours into BF2 but not one into 2142 because it wasn't worth it, EA Dice are terrible developers with very little support for both games, but they practically dumped BF2 completely ( and left J-10s overpowered ) to work on the mediocore more noob friendly BF2142

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom