Battlefield 2142

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not a class, that's a loadout. A class is something like a warrior in WoW, or an Engineer in BF2. There is no such thing in crysis.

I hardly use the loadout feature myself. I just don;t like macros. And that is essentially what it is.

And no, I don't go to game specific forums. Why would I? I'm not so obsessed with any particular game that I feel that I must be part of its community. My room mate would disagree, but he is completely infatuated with WoW. And your also right, I don't experiment, I play the game. If the glitch is so hard to get that you have to experiment to find it then its not that big of an issue.

I know the VTOL was god i the first one. My point is I think they did too much. In my hands at least its clumsy, but this may be do to inexperience.

You have an 8800GTX, what are you complaining about then? You wont be able to max out crysis without spending a lot of money for at least another generation. Just give it time. They did that on purpose.

But your criticism of Crysis isn't fair I think. You judging it against a game that had a completely different goal and out look. Crysis is not a squad based game, so get over it. Second you are bashing it for having bugs upon release. Show me a game that was bug free at launch. Better yet just show a game that is bug free.

BF2 is old, its graphics are meh, it is still very buggy. Some shortcomings are acceptable, but the level at which it fails at life has now excuse 4 years later. Punkbuster in BF2 is obnoxious, it was poorly implemented and it would constantly kick your for bad ping, when it was the servers fault. I can get great ping on Crysis and bad ping on BF2, on the same machine on the same connection. And this is one EA servers. Its the net code. It sucks.

Punkbuster in Crysis, although not perfect, is seamlessly integrated. If you are kicked you don't know if it was the system or the admin, I have only been kicked once for ping and the server was in Germany.

Further more, as much as it will **** off the fanboys. I think BF2 adds nothing to the BF genre. I have BF1924, and aside form graphics and different weapons the game adds little to the mix.

I bought BF2142, something that I regret, the game is boring. I played it twice. But i have been having a great time with warhead. I got off a server with Puddle just to answer your absurd post.

Read what I said to Puddle Jumper about premade class load outs...I still can't believe you guys don't make them...I mean...do you guys spend countless minutes total in bunkers just choosing the weapons you want? Power struggle requires a constant flow of pressure on the enemy team and pausing to buy weapons every time you die adds significant delay to your teams overall reinforcements ( Im a bit skeptical as to your guys level of knowledge with the game...lets assemble on xfire and get a game going for fun :p )

I like going to game forums to see what people think is wrong with the game etc etc, I'm a very big PC gamer so yeah...everyone was complaining about the scope bug and its not at all hard to do, thats why so many people experienced it and complain about it!

I'm not hard on Crysis at all, in fact I stated several times Im a fan and liked the game. Its multiplayer falls a bit short and hopefully they will improve it unlike with the lack of support they gave the original Crysis. BF2 was horribly bugged and lacked support as I stated earlier in my post, but in the end BF2 succeeded far more as a multiplayer game ( which also was its focus ), especially when it came to epic scale, air combat, and general game mechanics. Also I'm judging Crysis Wars a little more harshly because it introduced bugs that the original Crysis never had before.

I'm guessing your trying to say the VTOL is underpowered now? I suppose that's a good thing considering its cheaper then a tank for some reason…

Regarding your statement about my 8800 gtx, all the reviews state Crysis Wars is optimized so ill take their word for it even though in my experience ( the single campaign mostly ) it didn't seem THAT much more optimized ( I still can't even turn AA on without experience weird delayed input ) but hey I can play on the gamer setting so that's considered high to Crysis? ( what is the bar that's underneathe the motion blur option…it doesn't even have a title? )

BF2 has so many bugs I'm not going to even bother defending it but rather agreeing with you, but the subject wasn't BF2s bugs it was gameplay. In terms of bugs steam games beat out everyone when it comes to patching and stability.

Concerning your statement that BF2 adds nothing, I highly disagree of course and the metascores of the game agree as well. BF2 added the unique commander class to the series as well as squad leader which essentially changed the game considerably in terms of how it played out.

No, we don't spend minutes at a time choosing weapons. I grab and go, I already what I'm going to need based on the map. It takes me very little time. You are over stating how long it takes.

I always said the VTOL is underpowered. I didn't have the first crysis so I can't speak for it, but when it comes to fighting tanks I think it is, although neither can effectively take the other out.

Regarding your statement about my 8800 gtx, all the reviews state Crysis Wars is optimized so ill take their word for it even though in my experience ( the single campaign mostly ) it didn't seem THAT much more optimized ( I still can't even turn AA on without experience weird delayed input ) but hey I can play on the gamer setting so that's considered high to Crysis? ( what is the bar that's underneath the motion blur option…it doesn't even have a title? )

I have a 4850 and I can't either. Like I said it is meant to be ahead of the curve. it will be some time before average joe can max it out.

If you agree that BF2 had major issues then why do you defend it? I think its pretty obvious that Crysis is better in just about every way. I think you are the one arguing for the sake of arguing.

No, we don't spend minutes at a time choosing weapons. I grab and go, I already what I'm going to need based on the map. It takes me very little time. You are over stating how long it takes.

I always said the VTOL is underpowered. I didn't have the first crysis so I can't speak for it, but when it comes to fighting tanks I think it is, although neither can effectively take the other out.

I have a 4850 and I can't either. Like I said it is meant to be ahead of the curve. it will be some time before average joe can max it out.

If you agree that BF2 had major issues then why do you defend it? I think its pretty obvious that Crysis is better in just about every way. I think you are the one arguing for the sake of arguing.

Like I said, if your fast at choosing your weapons and frag grenades ( and the buy interface is small and not very fast at all ), then at max you can get a good rifle load out in 5 seconds. 5 seconds is usually half the respawn time in most servers...if your entire team does the same as you, you guys will literally be taking 5 seconds longer to respawn. This is completely disregarding the fact that you are totally defenseless in that 5 secodns you take to choose your weapons ( and its not 5 seconds, its average 8 seconds to get a good load out cause you have to buy ammo clips and frag grenades and some sort of scope usually ). I still can't believe you two are arguing against pre made buy load outs....this is insane...its even ridiculous that I'm arguing against you....its like you guys are arguing the sky is red when its not...any experienced FPS gamer please in Crysis please speak up

Well if you didnt even have the original Crysis...then thats what I was primarily talking about, the VTOLs were devestating in that and I heard they had a major nerf

"If you agree that BF2 had major issues then why do you defend it? I think its pretty obvious that Crysis is better in just about every way. I think you are the one arguing for the sake of arguing" you say this, but do yourself a favor and go back when I first defended BF2, I was defending wether or not it was a better game, not technical issues. I only had to bring up technical issues because someone said "Crysis had better graphics", so its only fair to show what crazy bug and performance problems came along with those better graphics.

There are no crazy bugs. I have had 0 bugs in the multiplayer. And if that scope bug is the only one in the game then I would say crysis wars is head and shoulders above all other FPS for stability.

Your also missing the point. Your arguing preference. Some of us don't make a million predetermined macros that we have to remember, we just grab what we need and run. Your insistence to count the seconds it takes to get your weapons is laughable. Its not a race, it has more to do with player skill than anything else. That fact you are left to argue that single point shows that puddle and I have won the argument over the actual games. Now you are just arguing player preference. And like I said, if that is your only complaint then Crysis is way ahead of BF2 or any other fps.

There are no crazy bugs. I have had 0 bugs in the multiplayer. And if that scope bug is the only one in the game then I would say crysis wars is head and shoulders above all other FPS for stability.

Your also missing the point. Your arguing preference. Some of us don't make a million predetermined macros that we have to remember, we just grab what we need and run. Your insistence to count the seconds it takes to get your weapons is laughable. Its not a race, it has more to do with player skill than anything else. That fact you are left to argue that single point shows that puddle and I have won the argument over the actual games. Now you are just arguing player preference. And like I said, if that is your only complaint then Crysis is way ahead of BF2 or any other fps.

There are no crazy bugs? Just cause you experience no bugs means there are no bugs right...think about that for a second and then go visit a crysis forum and see the outcry, Crysiswars.exe doesn't even open for people. ( perhaps the worst game bug of all ) heres the solution: ANSWER

If you don't need predetermined macros thats fine, but heres the fact Im faster then you at picking the weapons I want, and if you don't think 8 seconds are important every time you respawn well then you clearly are a "noob" in FPS games. Lets get together and play on xfire some time though...I want to just see how much experience you have. Cause I'm guessing your one of those casual players who fires up Crysiswars probably once every three days or so...those kinds of players aren't in any position to judge or rate games in comparison to hardcore gamers. Your also seemingly a fanboy of Crysis by defending it so strongly, and keep in mind I have metascores on my side, BF2 has a 90% metascore while Crysis has a 85%. I don't hate Crysis Warhead, in fact JUST the opposite, but I'm not some fanboy who will declare its multiplayer excedes that of BF2, because it clearly doesn't according to me and many professional game reviewers. EOD

Crysis is better than BF2, nuff said.

And if you think speed is everything then you sir are a n00b in fps games. I think you are being stubborn about this whole thing. Crysis isn't BF2 and you shouldn't expect it to have the same gameplay. Crysis is also far less buggy than BF2 ever was is or ever will be. That scope bug will be fixed with the first patch and then you wont have anything to complain about. All of your other complaints are either gameplay related or are due to hardware limitations. if you like BF2 so much then maybe you should go back to playing it and stop flaming crysis.

Crysis is better than BF2, nuff said.

And if you think speed is everything then you sir are a n00b in fps games. I think you are being stubborn about this whole thing. Crysis isn't BF2 and you shouldn't expect it to have the same gameplay. Crysis is also far less buggy than BF2 ever was is or ever will be. That scope bug will be fixed with the first patch and then you wont have anything to complain about. All of your other complaints are either gameplay related or are due to hardware limitations. if you like BF2 so much then maybe you should go back to playing it and stop flaming crysis.

LOL wow okay this flat out made me laugh as soon as I read the first two lines...I never once said speed is everything, but everyone will tell you in a competitive FPS multiplayer game speed is vitally important. I'm being stubborn by admitting BF2 has better multiplayer when it was designed just for that and Crysis Wars multiplayer isn't as refined or as good when it was a hybrid single/multiplayer game? Your saying stuff like its fact, both you and me know we will truly never know which game is more buggy, we are just going off our own personal experiences and the experiences of others ( which I have more of since I visit game forums ). Flaming Crysis by pointing out its flaws? Flaming Crysis is saying it sucks...I never once said that, in fact I think its an amazing game both single and multiplayer wise. Its almost hilarious to me that your saying I'm flaming it at all because I spent a lot of time trying to convince my friends why Crysis is one of the games of the year. Someone said BF2s multiplayer wasn't as good as Crysis in this thread and I posted reasons on why I thought it was better. Then you respond throwing insult after insult at me, sheesh.

Oh BTW you never did take me up on that xfire offer? ;)

I'm really sorry to bring back alive this thread, but after much more experience with Crysis Wars, I think I'm more qualified to do so.

Anyways to address all the things Zmatt was wrong about:

1. You said irl tanks are just as expensive as tanks. I completely missed reading this statement before because if I did I would completely say your wrong, are you kidding me? The average cost of a m1a2 abrams tank is 1.5 million, the average cost of a F-15 eagle is about 29 million. Fighters are obviously more expensive then tanks for obvious reasons, you know nothing of real life military units.

2. You said Crysis doesn't have that many bugs, not only did I encounter too many bugs to even remember during my play time, but heres many others accounts that will sum it up nicely: Multiplayer Bug List
one bug event prevents skipping the intro movies ( I encountered this ) and requires you to delete the video movies or move them unless you want to watch them every time you start up the game

some of these bugs are flat out ridiculous and unacceptable and would make BF2 look like a bug free game

3. You said VTOLs were underpowered, which clearly shows you barely have any knowledge of the game ( you admitted to never playing the original Crysis MP, so you would know even less ) but you did say they were underpowered. Not only did I witness VTOLs completely dominating the game in every way and form, but I used them myself and killed an average of 3-4 tanks before I had to reload. You stated that VTOLs have a hard time killing tanks? Don't even take my word for it, heres what many others have to say about VTOL dominance: So, Yesterday I was playing Crysis Wars

4. Crysis Power struggle main problem lies that 32 player servers are unstable and laggy despite good connection and good hardware with gfx setting low. Power struggle maps are too big and as a result theres not as much intense action and the game reverts to 1vs1,2vs2,or 4vs4 battles instead of feeling like a huge war. Theres a big thread on some other forums about this but I lost the link. BF2 accomplished huge 64 player servers feeling like huge wars.

Really, I'm sorry to bring this up, but I just had too, after my experience and reading other peoples experiences with the game I've come to realize exactly HOW wrong Zmatt was in his statements in not only representing Crysis Wars, but comparing it to BF2 and giving BF2 the bad impression. Especially disregarding the fact that BF2 had a good rank system with weapon unlocks etc etc blah blah.

Don't get me wrong I actually somewhat enjoy Crysis Wars ( otherwise I wouldn't be playing it ), but to compare it to BF2 and say its considerably better then BF2 in multiplayer is a joke. BF2 is primarily a multiplayer game ( much like COD4 is ) which is probably one of the reasons why its such a better multiplayer game.

oh and quick thoughts on Crysis Wars changes: Guns having virtually no recoil...BAD, Cloak actually being useful now...GOOD, Cars no longer exploding or flipping over if they hit a pebble...GOOD, headshots doing less damage...BAD, Max Strenght punches requiring 3-4 hits instead of 1 to kill an opponent...BAD, Gauss rifle no longer able to be purchased in Bunker...GOOD, Aircraft being cheaper overall...BAD, some awesome interesting and balanced TIA maps...GOOD, Scopes automatically attaching to your gun if you have it selected and buy the scope...GOOD, Being able to use speed and strength skills now with less of an energy drain...GOOD, Rifle Grenades killing people in 1 shot now ( overpowered )...BAD, The Grenade launcher in multiplayer have 6 grenades that can essentially kill 6 people...VERY BAD! who thought of this?!

PS: Anyone want to play Crysis Wars? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom