Battlefield 2 Startup Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rouen

In Runtime
I have successfully started BF2 only once after buying it, I have the latest patch (1.41) and drivers. My system is more then capable of running this game and yet it won't start. I'll get the Battlefield 2 banner across the screen, it'll disappear, the screen flickers black and nothing happens after that. I've followed several directions including deleting the video.con from the Profiles folder in myname/MyDocuments/Battlefield 2/Profiles and setting my refresh rate to 60, still it fails. My video card now is an eVGA 8800GTS 640MB, I have 2 GB of Corsair 1066fsb and a 2.4ghZ Intel Core 2 Duo. My computer rapes the game, but won't run it. Any more ideas guys?

Background programs. BF2 does not like to share at all. Kill off what you can. I leave a few running (ObjectDock, WindowBlinds, Yahoo Widgets, antivirus).

Also, you may need to uninstall, clean the registry, and reinstall. Update to 1.41, then try to launch.

are you using a widescreen monitor? if you do then go to the hd in which bf2 is installed, my documents, bf2 and clean out that folder

and i had this problem a while back, if you have expansion packs then uninstall everything, install BF2, install the expansion packs then install the patch.

Edit the shortcut target and put +fullscreen 0.

This will make it start in window mode, and you'll be able to see any errors it has.

The exact error when I try to run it in a window says...

Debug assertion failed!
Version 1.1.2965-797.0
Module: RendDX9
File D:\Aphrodite\BF2_1.4\Code\BF2\RendDX9\VideoOptions.cpp
Line 234
Text : Unknown DynamicOption value 800x600@60hz

(This error was recieved when adding +fullscreen 0 to the shortcut target.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom