Battlefield 2 sound crackling

Status
Not open for further replies.

will h4x 4 food

Daemon Poster
hey every1,
i just got bf2 for christmas and i have been noticing major sound crackling in the game. i have a lanparty ultra d onboard sound and the settings are at medium with eax enabled. i tried a few other settings but no help. the onboard sound works fine with all my other games.
**** U EA!

had the same problem with onboard sound. just added a sound card and issue went away. guess it just doesnt like onboard sound :(

and plus its only its only with this game so it must be a software problem or the game REQUIRES a sound card...which is really stupid. there are alot of people with this problem but no1 seems to have an answer. :(

I can live with the sound crackling. maybe once i get enough extra money for my b-day then i may consider a sound card next to all my other things i need, including a new heatsink, speakers, and maybe some more RAM!:)

will h4x 4 food said:
and plus its only its only with this game so it must be a software problem or the game REQUIRES a sound card...which is really stupid. there are alot of people with this problem but no1 seems to have an answer. :(

I have the answer.

Soundwise, BF2 is a very demanding game. With alot of soundcards, you underrun buffers which means they have no data in them so you get a brief pause in the sound, which appears are a click or pop.

The solution to this problem is to increase the buffer, but I am probolly the only guy here with a adjustable buffer :cool:

DJ-CHRIS said:
I have the answer.

Soundwise, BF2 is a very demanding game. With alot of soundcards, you underrun buffers which means they have no data in them so you get a brief pause in the sound, which appears are a click or pop.

The solution to this problem is to increase the buffer, but I am probolly the only guy here with a adjustable buffer :cool:

lol and how on earth can i do that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom