Battlefield 2 patch 1.4 beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

baronvongogo

Fully Optimized
because none of the bugs buged me before. new content is welcome. i dont care about the minor bugs...+i dont think they can fix those bugs. otherwise its already been fixed. im happy w/ what i got in this game.

^ tru dat. the bugs are little annoying but i rather have new content. the bugs dont even happen that often.

I was fine with 1.22 patch it had little bugs that I could ignore. Although patch 1.3 has made it so I can rarely even get a game that's what I'm upset about. Adding new features is fine as long as a patch doesn't cripple the game for some people.

To me it seems like its a badly coded game if there struggling to remove some bugs such as the red tag bug. So there forced to just add new features instead of repairing problems that have been around since first release.

DICE/EA have kicked the BF2 community straight in the nutz. They spudder along releasing patch after patch. "Patches, mainly done to allow for the sale of expansion packs." With every patch comes "Minor & Major Issues". The minor issues seem to never be fixed and the major issues are fixed, yet spawn into new major issues.

Latest Patch of Crap: 1.3 on 5/23/06
First and foremost they have crippled Thousands and Thousands of players as well as servers with the [CTD] Crash to Desktop issue. Along with the CTD's, there are various Freezing, Lock-ups, Horrible Pings and a drastic reduction in FPS across the board. I've gone from 85-95FPS at highest settings to 40-45FPS tops. (Many others have claimed the same)

They introduced "Vehicle Drops"? Who the heck asked for Vehicle Drops? It's not needed. Great, now commanders are using vehicle drops as weapons. "Cartillery". Dropping them on snipers or armor, helicopters or planes. Why would you introduce something like this without a fail safe? (TRY THIS: Vehicle Drops can only be done when requested by a Squad Leader.) Then the vehicle would fall some where in the area of the squad leader where he requested it.

Armored Fury, the real reason for patch 1.3. You spend $9.99 on a booster pack, "Which happens to be very good", yet you can't play it. Why? Because everytime you click the join button, the game CTD's. How nice. So you spent $10 on software you can't use.

Which leads me to EA/DICE and their kick in the Nutz. Now, i've only listed a few issues with Patch 1.3. There are many, many others. My problem with them now is it took them the better part of about a month just to address the community to let us know that they are aware of the issues and are working on them. WHY???? So they can continue to sell their Armored Fury Booster pack? This is insane. Over at eagame/bf2/forums, for a good 4 weeks the forum was on fire with insanely mad players about patch 1.3. EA/DICE "says they monitor the forums for feedback." Well, then how about a prompt address to the community. Why does it take 30 days to make a statement?

on 6/16/06
We recognize that this has been a very trying time for everyone who enjoys Battlefield 2 and are putting forth every effort to improve upon the issues that are causing some players frustration. The DICE team has been reviewing player feedback gathered from forums, email, and the ranker server providers in an effort to provide the best possible step forward from 1.3. While this work has been highly focused on bug fixing the team has also managed to put some work towards new content.

This statement was after they talked about how Armored Fury was such a success. I really like the "some players" part. Wow, nice way to use smoke and mirrors guys. Try, "Everyone".

Think about all the money that is lost on BF2 servers? Server admins can't keep their servers running for long without crashing. There is so much down time. Then all the players leave and find another server. I've got a friend who's an admin of a BF2 server on a huge popular host and he was told, it's not the server, it's the software. EA/DICE needs to fix their software. And there really isn't much he could say about it, because the host was right.

on 7/5/06
Then they release a beta patch 1.4. After waiting for the DL you install it and find for the next 2 days, the beta test servers aren't available to anyone. So now you've got a PC with BF2 1.4 but you can't play... lol. Awesome Beta testing!!! I'm glad I installed this on my other PC and not my main gaming PC, at least I can still go back to 1.3 and pull my hair out in frustration.

Now it's 7/10/06 and from what i've read over at the BF2 forums on EA's website, patch 1.4 is full of holes and a few tings were fixed, and but it's still nothing to clap your hands over.

BF2142 will not be in my game library. It's basically going to be another crappy expansion pack filled with holes and issues that never get fixed, yet they keep taking our money...

SCREW EA/DICE

That's exactly what it is. It's a MOD. They've already said, "It's going to be the same game play as BF2 and earlier games. Yet, with futuristic storyline and armies. That's a MOD.

I'm not paying $49.99 for a MOD. And besides that, you know darn well, that EA.DICE will release this "MOD" with tons of holes and bugs.

Another $49.99 down the toliet... Not ME...

Thats why i go to LAN parties and use Bittorent :) I dont go threw the hassle casue i dont pay for it AHAHAHAH *whoops did i say that*. Anywho your right, im getting tired of my dedicated server at home crashing when me and my friend are having a MINI LAN. ITS NOT EVEN ****ING ONLINE!!! It crashes ALL the time and w/ the Server 1.21 patch is was perfectly fine. So we just uninstalled the game off of everything and bamn, installed an earlier patch and no more crashes. WOW.

Yeah, i'd love to get a mini lan going. But, everyone I know who is a gamer is always too busy to commit to setting it up. We tried it once and we had 3 people show up, it was supposed to be 14.

I'm looking forward to UT2007 actually. THat will help me forget all about crappy BF2.

I'm going to buy PREY tomorrow... May-be that will keep me sane.

Im getting prey on the 22nd. My friend will leech it for me. And when i say Mini LAN i mean MINI LAN. Its usualy me my friend and my gf. Thats only happend twice. Other than that its just me and him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom