battlefield 2 patch 1.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trotter said:
I guess once I uninstall/reinstall BF2 I may be able to get 1.4 to work. So far it has broken my BF2.

I'm going to try to work on it tomorrow morning when I get home, but not too long... gotta come in early tomorrow night. I'm going to move my profile information, and such.

Would renaming to BF2 directory and then reinstalling it in the original location work? Or should I install it in a new directory (BF2a or something)? Or should I just uninstall it and try again?

I have reinstalled this game more than any other by far..I create a folder 'MYBF2' on my second partition and install it there..i would rec a fresh install...you will probably be able to install the original game and then the 1.4 full patch and be done with it..see ya

Unfortunately, however, this is the last patch EA will release for BF2, period. This means that if any errors are encountered on 1.4, you're basically screwed until the release of BF2142. As far as I know anyway. This is what an uncomfirmed contact has told me. Wether its true or not I do not know, but if it fixed all if not most of the problems of 1.3, then it seems like a pretty justifiable conclusion.

Actually, in an interview with one of the guys over DICE, it came out that they were keeping a team on BF2 for support (patches and such).

OH really?! Wow, thats really awesome. As with any other program in cybersprace then, it will have problems... nevertheless I take it the patch is an excelent download; a definite improvement! I just wish they weren't such a big of a download taking up all of my bandwidth and all :(

hmmm New patch seems pretty cool. Played for about an hour on infantry only on jalaalallbad, it was pretty neat, snipers everywhere near the outpost, then close quarter combat once you get inside :D.

Overall good, havent expereicned a server crash or connection problem yet :classic:

I praise the new patch. What took more than three minutes to load now takes mere seconds! That new map is pretty intense too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom