battlefield 2 patch 1.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Noooo, no more prone spamming for my tournament tonight :( !!! :mad: But as long as there is no more server crashes :D

greatest patch to me.

First it didnt take 5 minutes to login,it took the usual 10 seconds.The server browser which I couldnt use since 1.0 is now very fast and reliable! Then the jalablahblah w/e map is the best map,Karkand style but better.Its very labyrinthic if you see what I mean...Lot of possible strategies and ways to achieve goal.
I havent encountered any bugs yet.

"there is a problem with your connection" error is due to firewalls/antivirus/webscanners by the way,so dont expect to have this "bug" fixed,as its not a bug.

Finally the greatest part of it is that I can max the whole graphics options with 4x AA with my agp card heheheh :D :cool: .On 1.3 I had hard time playing with medium/high 2x AA.Now I must have at least 60 fps,its so fluid and fast....

Im still mad at EA though...those fixes should have been done 8 months ago.

"there is a problem with your connection" error is due to firewalls/antivirus/webscanners by the way,so dont expect to have this "bug" fixed,as its not a bug.

That's funny... I get them with absolutely nothing running besides Windows and BF2.

those fixes should have been done 8 months ago.

Agreed.

mal said:

Uhh.. no it isn't?

Trotter said:
That's funny... I get them with absolutely nothing running besides Windows and BF2.

Agreed.

The game stopped to crash and get that "there is a problem with you connection" error the day ive UNINSTALLED Avast Av/Firewall and stopped Windows firewall. I was getting those errors even if the av or firewall were shut down and set to fully allow connection....

The max time I could play was 25 minutes straight without the error lol...Now I can make a complete map rotation flawlessly. Thats why I think its about scanners and stuff,even if they are shut down.It looks like the Dev team cant code for shizzle as everybody with different machines have a different problems!

mal said:
The game stopped to crash and get that "there is a problem with you connection" error the day ive UNINSTALLED Avast Av/Firewall and stopped Windows firewall. I was getting those errors even if the av or firewall were shut down and set to fully allow connection....

The max time I could play was 25 minutes straight without the error lol...Now I can make a complete map rotation flawlessly. Thats why I think its about scanners and stuff,even if they are shut down.It looks like the Dev team cant code for shizzle as everybody with different machines have a different problems!

Yah, the same thing was happening to me lately...new patch: problem is gone.

in fact,all that happend on 1.3 but if 1.4 fixed it by itself,thats great ! Ill try to reeinstall my firewall.:D

I played for about an hour on the new map. It was decent, but it wasn't my favorite. It seemed too open, where ever I was trying to snipe from, somebody always shot me (plus the artillery magnet factor :freak:). I didn't experience any technical problems, though, except for the fact that it still takes forever to access my account.

I've played a fair amount on 1.4 and I can honestly say, "I haven't experienced any issues." So fair all 1.3 issues seem to be fixed for me.

Jalalabal is ok. Seems like all the rest... Mosque, Hotel, blah, blah, blah... It's cool...

It's cool on 16 player servers with small maps... But, larger maps it's pretty stupid...

I guess once I uninstall/reinstall BF2 I may be able to get 1.4 to work. So far it has broken my BF2.

I'm going to try to work on it tomorrow morning when I get home, but not too long... gotta come in early tomorrow night. I'm going to move my profile information, and such.

Would renaming to BF2 directory and then reinstalling it in the original location work? Or should I install it in a new directory (BF2a or something)? Or should I just uninstall it and try again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom