Battlefield 2: Complete Collection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evolocity4

Baseband Member
Alright so I just bought the Battlefield 2: Complete Collection box from Gamestop.com.

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=646913

Seem's like a very good game...I've heard a lot of good things about it and the good part is it comes with the expansion pack and two booster packs...

Alright now for the reason of the thread...For all those other BF2 players what's your favorite part about the game..? And what should I look out for or maybe what should I learn first..Just the basic stuff. I'm already familiar in FPS games I just like learning about the game before playing it.

Also just toss in some other things like hows the recoil on guns...that kind of stuff.

*Also I know some are gonna maybe say BF2142 is better or something..But I particularly don't like futuristic stuff*
**Also I have tried the System Requirements Lab test to see if my rig can handle the game...And yes it's almost to the "Fast" computer on the other end.*

Best part? Teamwork. It's hard to get teamwork going when you first start out, though.

The squad system is the basis of the game. You can lone wolf, but it is more fun to cooperate and obtain your objectives. Join a squad and follow the squad leader's directions. Some are idiots, but others know their stuff.

Play and learn all the kits. Each one has its strengths and weaknesses. Most newcomers stick with sniper, and I'm not sure why. You might want to read up on a few online guides to get an in-depth perspective of each kit.

I have had more fun since I joined a clan. Few clans will take a newbie, so look to that in the future if you are so inclined. Get in there and have fun.

Well after watching some player made trailers and BF2 videos..It does seem the Sniper is one of the more popular guns in the game...Probably because it's easiest to kill people with that (Or so it seemed in the vids).

Yeah I planned on looking for a clan to join...Just makes games a whole lot better when played with people you hang out with. Do you know of any BF2 community forums or something? A place where I can find a bunch of BF2 clans recruiting?

dude.. Trotter... I'm getting BF2 as well.. hopefully it runs here (my friend is giving me the copy he "obtained") hopefully it works.. and I'll play with you and Nagasama...

Sweet! Vernong your getting it? We should play together some time...(If you get yours to work) do you have Xfire?

Man I'm loving the game so far..Really good graphics and gameplay...But one thing really bugged me, I got some lag then got kicked from the server with a pop up from PunkBuster saying something about a heartbeat stopping or something...Is this something I can fix..?

Dunno about that, but there is a couple of things to know. One, ping rates make or break your game. Look for servers with good ping rates. Many servers are set to kick anyone over a certain ping, which can be set under 200. Always prioritize your server list by ping rate (click the down arrow beside Ping twice).

Two, PunkBuster can be a major hemorrhoid sometimes. Try updating it manually, as sometimes it doesn't update like it should and you will be kicked with a message about "bad handshake" and such. Go here:
PunkBuster Online Countermeasures

Download pbsetup.exe (the Windows client), then follow the directions listed on that page.

If you want to try out some heavy-duty ground pounding, search for ERR infantry only servers. My clan runs two, 24/7 Jalalabad and 24/7 Karkand, and both stay full and lively. We participate in PunkBusted, so anyone who has been banned by PunkBuster can't get it, and we try to nail any hacker or glitcher we can find.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom