Battlefield 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I own BF2 and BF2142, I just got them both a couple weeks ago, and I have only really played 2142. I played 2 online once or twice and didn't really get into it. I don't see how it's better than 2142 even though 2142 is essentially a mod of it.

If you haven't played before, you need to play offline to get a feel for the game first. Otherwise people will rip you a new one.

BF handles a bit different than most other shooters. The action, while it can be pretty furious, is not as zip-zip-zip as others, like UT. You can actually place shots and use the sights on the guns. Newbies usually jump all over the sniper kit just for this reason.

Once you get a feel for the game, you need to start using other kits to learn their strengths. I played SpecOps for a long time when I started, with an occasional Assault. I shied away from Medic, Engineer, Anti-Tank, and especially Support. I still don't care a lot for AT (but I have learned how to use it), but Support has become my overall fave. I also play a mean Medic now.

I would play if my computer didn't crap out on me =/ spends 20mins loading a map to kick me for a punkbuster.exe failed handshake, which for some reason refuses to be fixed despite many lengthy reinstalls >< oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom