Batman Arkham Asylum is Awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HAVOC

Fully Optimized
wow.. I'm about 25% through it and I think it's probably the best $49.99 I've spent on a video game in a very very long time?

Anyone else playing it? If so, what do you like? or Dislike?

If you haven't played the full version yet and have questions about the game, feel free to ask away....

one of the best graphical games I have seen. Some what repetitive though.

Really? Are you playing the retail version of the game? The Full game and not the demo?

I think the story is awesome and it really drives the game nicely. So far I've loved the bosses and the "scarecrow" missions are really, really cool.

Are you talking about the combat system? At first I thought they were slightly repetitive, but once you learn the timing and combo's with upgrades, it really is different every time. I've seen so many new combat animations every fight I've been in.

As far as the graphic, I totally agree with you. I couldn't be more satisfied with the graphics. One thing that I think is awesome is as I've played, it's been fun watching Batman's suit and armor taking damage. It wears over time. With rips and tears and cuts and dings. It's cool to see a character with super human powers wearing like a human. It makes it more natural.

I"m only about 25% through the story. Also, I'm using a XBOX 360 controller which I think makes a HUGE difference.

I thought the game was graphically amazing. The story locks you in and keeps you amused. The combat system is fun. Makes it very fluent and gives variety instead of the normal locking on to one character and punching them until there dead. I like the fact you have to fight all the villains at once to be successful.

An example of what you are talking about overlord20, when fighting a group of thugs, you can be engaged with one thug throwing multiple attacks and have another thug get with-in range of you. You can disengage the thug you are fighting to counter the one that is getting too close, evade him, throw a critical attack with a couple upgrades and all in the same chain, you can finish the original thug you were fighting.

I love how there are multiple variations of the thugs also. There are thugs with fire arms, thugs with melee weapons, thugs with non-lethal weapons and thugs with just fists. You really need to use different tactics with each type. When they are in a group together, you need to seriously plan out our attacks and use a bit of strategy to be successful.

One thing that I think is hilarious about this game is Batman, even though he is fairly tough and has the advantage in most situations, you can't help but to notice how HARDCORE he is getting abused. Through the whole game you are told that "Bats will lose and J-Man will win..." all the time. You can't hep but to think that from the start of the game Bats has already lost. You are baited through the whole game by a string. You are a puppet. It's hilarious....

Yes... I also like the fact that Batman looks and sounds so bad *** in the game. It's almost like he is made for adults this time around and not the kiddies.

Overlord have you gotten and checked out the character trophies? The ones you can rotate around and view the models? I've got 4 of them. They are really awesome. I've got Batman, Poison Ivy, Mr. Zsasz, and Bane. I think I've completed about 20% of riddlers Challenges.

I can't wait to go home and pick up where I left off.

Hmmm, I think I'm def gonna get this game now. Pity my mobo's still away, I've got a line of new games I need to try now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom